Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Nicci and welcome to HT

click on the link below for members resort reports

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/halkidiki/pefkochori/

wizard
Hi Wizard,
Thank you for the reply. Will have a look at the resort reports. Was starting to think no one had gone before as ain't had no replys as yet.
went to Pefkohore way back in the 80's it was a very big area with lots to see, but remember the transfer distance from the airport being very long about 2 1/2 hours stopped half way at a taverna so you could get a drink, maybe things have improved by now
pojo
:D Thank you Pojo for reply, I will make sure we have drinks for the transfer from airport to resort, don't want children being with out a drink for too long in hot weather. Really appreciate your reply.
Take care
I was at Pefkohori in May 04. I loved the area. Going to neighbouring town of Hanioti in September this year and will certainly walk the beach road into Pefkohori a few times in the fortnight.
Hiya nicci1,
Pefkohori is a nice,safe place to walk around. Plenty of little shops on the seafront and cafes, and the beach is lovely and clean and safe for your children (and you of course) The next village Hanioti is about 4kms away and has a lovely square with shops etc. If you get the chance, go to see the "Caves of Petralona" ( I don't know if the spelling is correct) I think you all will enjoy them!
I'm sure you will have a nice holiday

David
:thanks For great info, we have just over a week left then we :fly out.
looking forward to the caves :yipee. did you book with the holiday company or locals?
I have not yet heared from any one who as stayed in the same apartments that we are in, bit upset about that as wanted fed back and just to know we made right choice, (mind you bit too late now ha!).
Hiya nicci!, If you want to book any trips to different places while you are there, don't book them with the travel reps. In Hanioti square you will find a small shop on the right hand side where you can book to go on the trips and you will save a fortune
happy holidays
David
:wave Thank you David for the info. Got a silly question to ask you thou, :? you said the shop was on the right hand side, would it matter what way I am in the square? You wouldn't happen to know the name of the shop by any chance? or even some kind of clue for us to know that is the right shop.
Also did you hire a car and if so how did you find the driving?
:thanks
Hiya nicci1,
I'm sorry for that, I had my stupid head on (doh!). If you go into the square from the main highway, you should see hanioti car hire on the left bottom corner and next to it is a motorcycle hire shop and to the right is an ATM . The little lane to the right is where you will find the tour shop, about 30 metres on the right hand side. Hanioti car hire are very good, we hired a small (Hyundi Getz type) for 110 euro for four days. We went all around the peninsula on one of the days, stopping off at the market in Kassandra (brilliant and cheap) .The next day we went round the next peninsula which is Sithonia stopping at various beaches, when you get to the bottom of the peninsula and look over to the monks republic ,a view of Mount Athos gets a wow! from most people, and the next day we went to the caves and a few villages,. The last day was spent going to Polichrono and Kalithea ,where there are lovely cafes and a lot of shops and a nice beach. I found driving a little strange at first, not only with driving on the right but changing gears on the right. I also have an automatic car at home so it was a little strange, but you soon get used to it. Keep to the speed limits and always carry all your documents on you, its an offence and the police will fine you!!
I am sure you will enjoy your holiday
David
Hiya nicci1, here is a link that you may find useful and informative

http://www.halkidiki.com/english/kinfo_e.htm

David
:lol: Hello again David,
soooooo glad to be told all this, we did hire a car from the holiday company then I cancelled due to the cost working out far too much for three days, after seeing what you had to say I'll re-book for same place you did, and I'll make sure I've got all my documents :thanks
How did you find the roads david? could you understand the signs, directions? did you find any beaches that was empty?
I haven't stop asking you things, I am sorry :oops: it's just so great to be able to ask some-one who knows. We want to try all the places that you mention, well I'll try not to keep on with all the question :lol:
thank you so much you really have been a great help.
take care and thanks.
Hiya nicci1,
I found driving ok once I had got used to the other side kinda, the roads are pretty much the same as here eg. some pot holes , but most roads are not lit up at night and most of the roads don't have any pavements/footpaths and tend to just go down into the earth. Be careful of the stray dogs at night , they run all over the place without a care in the world.The main highways are reasonably good as is the sign posting. The signs are in Greek at the top and underneath is in English, the car hire place gave me a map which was easily followed, any time we felt we were going wrong - we asked at a shop or petrol station and most people were able to help.
We went in the middle of May last year for our Ruby wedding anniversary so it was kind of the start of the season, every beach we visited was nearly empty, but most of the beaches are pretty big so I don't think you will have any problems, and 99% were lovely and clean. The beauty of having a car is that you can find a beach that suits you, we went down lots of lanes and tracks and found lovely sand and crystal clear safe warm water. Don't be afraid to ask ...if I can help I will, how long now!
regards
David
:)
Where are ou staying in Pefkahori? We went a few years ago (sept 11th!!)

We went to the Flegra Palace 4 star hotel which is in between hanioti and pefkahori town a taxi is very cheap bit of a walk and the beach is just over the road down a lane. not far at al.

If I can photos or help contact me

**For security purposes email address removed, as per the t&C of the site - Kath HT Admin**

sandra
:-)
:D Hello David, sorry haven't got back to you, been out getting all the last things for :sun , not long now, 18th we go. :yipee.
thank you for all your help with information, we are really looking forward to it now. I will let you know how we find the place, i've already wrote down all the info you've gave me and put it with my documents.
thank you again david.
:) Hi Sandra,
we are staying at ioli village in pefkohori, do you know much about them? we have'nt had much info regarding the apartments we are to stay in but had some great fed back about the resort which as been really helpful.
I was abit worried about our apartments, but after all the fed back i've had, even if they are not very good we do know that we will always enjoy the rest of the resort and hire a car.
Thank you for you info Sandra.
Hi nicci1,

Don't know if you've already checked out holidays-uncovered.co.uk but there are 16 reviews of your accomodation and the good news is nearly everyone rates them good, very good or excellent! There seems to be plenty of information on there.

Hope this helps!

Steve
:D Hi Steve-mcr, thank you for the info, will have a look at that, glad to hear that they are getting good reviews about apartments. We :fly next week, and england is due to get an heat wave, ain't that always the case, weather change when we go. :lol:
If you want photos can you send me a private message with your email so I can send them.

Slimmersandra
xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.