General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Oooh a tricky one, you might be better contacting tour operator direct and asking them. On paper I'd say it was do-able as normally an infant you would have sat on your lap and you'd pay a nominal fee for the privilege unless you wanted to pay full child price for them to have their own seat. It might depend on the age of the baby - if say under 12 months they might not allow a baby to sit in a seat on it's own.

Best bet is to contact tour operator and ask, hopefully you'll get someone who'll be able to tell you for sure.
the baby isnt even born yet lol, but will be about 10 mths old by then as its for next year, was hoping someone would know, if not i'll ring travel agents :que
Karen

How can you book somebody who is not born yet, they will not be able to book somebody who does not exist, even a baby they will need D.O.B. and name. I assume you can advise the tour op a baby will be born soon and traveling with you.
I'm not sure that an online system will let you book a baby in as a child unless to put in the wrong age which would make the tickets wrong.
There is nothing (in theory) to stop you booking a baby (if it is born) as an adult. Many people here on HT have found that because of under occupancy charges it is cheaper than booking them as a child.

You will, as has been said, be allocated a seat if you are paying for it. How a TO will actually react to the booking can only be found out by talking to them.

Whilst at it check out the price for booking the child as an adult - you might find it helps with the price.

fwh
How can you book somebody who is not born yet, they will not be able to book somebody who does not exist, even a baby they will need D.O.B. and name. I assume you can advise the tour op a baby will be born soon and traveling with you.

I'm pretty certain you can Mike . Seen it queried on here before and answered to say you can make the booking and give details of name etc once the baby arrives. Obviously not on-line though .

I can't see any reason why you couldnt Karen but as others have suggested I think it would be safer to check .
mike

you can book a baby that hasnt been born yet as i asked about that a while ago, they just put baby then surname, and approx age from due date

i will ring and find out more i think thats the best option , or will look at the diy options too once more flights become available
I doubt that it will be possible because they will want the childs age and DOB and these details will need to match the passport, you can't book a child as a child without usually giving the childs age. The only site I have used where an age was not specified was accomodation only deals booked through OTB.
You can give the baby's name as Infant X and the due date as DOB then amend the details once it's born. Whether you will be charged to do this is up to the operator.

luci :wave
Would have thought it's a win win situation if you can do it. If the baby has it's own seat, then can't they use it so long as they are in a car seat- makes the journey far better for all concerned than having a baby on a lap, more comfortable for the little one as well.

Pam
Just to add that yes you can book a holiday and call an unborn child as first name infant/baby as I have done this myself and have never been charged for giving the correct details when my children were born.

There is no getting around the fact that the child by age is actually an infant though so sadly I can't see how a child place can be purchased or awarded as free.
we booked a holiday with a free child place before my son was born, they didnt ask for DOB just how old he would be at time of travel. we did this so we could have a seat for him, rather than have him bouncing around on our knee for 5 hours.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.