Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
If you do mananage it lets know !!!!!
58 sleeps before we go !!!
:sun2 :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
we prefer local brew when away, so this is not an impossible quest is it ?

No, not impossible but I'd say improbable. We found when we were in the Costa d. Sol just over a week ago that we spent more money because of the rubbish exchange rate and not less. I do see where you're coming from, but the business people haven't lowered their prices to reflect the rate as a lot of their visitors are in the Euro anyway. It's just us Brits that are being hit hard.
We were paying around 3 euros for a pint of the local stuff in the bars. We had happy hour at our hotel, where we paid 1 euro for a half pint.
Good Luck in your search!!
Hi we gat back from Benalmadena yesterday and the cheapest pint was 2 euros with most bars charging 3 euros. Wine a glass was cheap at 1,5 euros and some bars 1 euros. All local stuff.

I hope the pound is stronger when you go or that the lower there prices as they have gone up alot in the last few years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.