Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
A really quick search and i found this:

First Choice
Departs Thur 23rd @ 9:15am from manchester, arrives Varadero (Cuba) @ 2pm
Departs Varadero @ 6:25pm, arrives manchester @ 7am

Hotel - Sirenis La Salina in 4* AI, for 2 x adults = £1421
With those dates, you're probably hitting the English schools' half term holidays and it could be difficult to find a bargain anywhere at that time.

SM
Thing is the prices for the same fortnight earlier in the year were a lot cheaper. Perhaps £300 fomr gatwick!

I'd love to go Mexico but no idea where to look outside the main tour operators for better deals.

If i left it to the last minute do you think i could get a better deal?
Thing is the prices for the same fortnight earlier in the year were a lot cheaper. Perhaps £300 fomr gatwick!

Which suggests that there isn't much still available if the TOs are putting up their prices. They'll only discount what's not shifting and for late October if they've only got a few holidays left then they know they've still got time to shift them at higher prices.

SM
Try http://www.sunmaster.co.uk - they parcel flights & hotels together for you, and a quick search is showing a week AI in Dominican Republic from Gatwick (22/10) for £1219 for 2 inc transfers.
3star All Inclusive, from Gatwick, leaving Sunday 26th with First Choice for 2 weeks is just under £700
p.p. Think you would have a problem getting anything cheaper as this is half term week.
Dominican Republic.
When I was "desperate" last year the Caribbean Warehouse (.co.uk) came up with some nice recommendations and in the end a good deal, although the £850 we paid each was higher than your £700 budget, but we wanted a better hotel. Could be worth a phone call or "call me back" from their website just in case they have anything. You already have the mainstream prices to compare against.
i agree with steve, try caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk me and my husband have just booked with them for next year and go a great deal.

good luck and let us all know what and where you get
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.