General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Isn't it something to do with safety?

If the extra legroom seats are by the exits then a child could be a possible hazard in an emergency, I'm sure I've read that somewhere on here anyway!
From what I understand, the exit seats need to be occupied by a person that is able to open the emergency door if the need arises.

Mark :D
Because the extra legroom seats are in emergency exit rows i think the CAA regulations state all persons in these rows have to be aged 14 or more & able bodied. I think this is so they are able to open the doors/emergency exits if needed. Premium class is normally at the front of the plane , not emergency exit rows with upgraded seating & service.

regards,

Nigel
When I was 20 wks pregnant told not possible for me to sit in the extra legroom on a flight to Mallorca as these seats were all on emergency exits and I might hinder an evacuation :roll: I was big but not that big :lol:
Yes we always try to book the extra leg room seats and we have to familiarise ourselves with a leaflet they give you which tells you how to open the door. When we book them they always make sure we are able bodied and that I am not pregnant and obviously no kids.
Sorry you asked about Premium, is this with first choice?
If so you get a different coloured seat, orange juice just before take off and a tiny bit of extra leg room which is not visible to the naked eye :lol:
Hi Spadge

I was on a flight in march and they asked a child to move from the exit seat as they arent able bodied as they call it so unless your seats are elsewhere childeren will not be able to sit there , although the last longhaul flight i was on we had extra legroom and were not at an exit door we were behind a second set of toilets half way down the plane and the middle isle also had 4 e/leg seats also but i wouldnt sit in the isle seats through choice as people were queuing for the toilets in front of their seats and the people were complaining.

Debs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.