Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I used Doxy last March, went for 3 weeks and cost about £10 from my local chemist, dunno if you can get it in Goa though, shop around you met get it cheaper.
I just thought someone might know if you can buy it in Goa given it is an anti-biotic, I know P&Q only cost pennies over there so I thought I might just pay for one lot of Doxy over here and get the rest when we arrived.
Debgreg. Got back yesterday and bought doxycycline ready for my next trip, they cost 33rups for a strip of 10.
Hi Polly welcome back. Thats good news that you can buy them there, ill stock up too. I take it they were ok then Pol?
Hi Ellie, the doxycycline tablets are absolutely fine. No side effects whatsoever! Hope they work as well for you.
thanx polly, did you ask for doxycycline or are they known as another name? where did buy them was it in the North and at what chemist.
cheers
They are doxycycline, that's what they are sold as out there. Absolutely fine so far, no side effects whatsoever, I am well pleased with them. Another 4 weeks to go though.
we took them last year I just got a bit of heartburn when i got home, but no deli belly for anyone whilst there. They want £14 each this year for the prescription, so 33rps for 10 sounds good, do you take one or two a day (cant remember) and where did you buy them?
thanx again
Debgreg you take 1 a day, bought them at the chemist in Calangute.
Hey folks - what do you take these things for? Are they anti-malarial or do you just have a thing for prescription drugs?

:que
They are anti malaria tablets, but as they are also anti biotics they stop you getting delly belly, used them last year and we were all fine :tup
O/H reckons they are good for his "adult acne!" Rosea! As soon as he stops taking them it returns! I swear it's the Ansells Mild! No, he says, its Rosea!! :rofl
They are actually used for Acne so he could be right, the mild may just be a coincidence ;)
I've seen that a possible side effect of doxycycline is a sensitivity to sun, has anyone found this to be the case??
7 of us took it including 3 teens all fine, just use usual sun protection :tup
I didn't get any sunburn,but then again, I always sunbathe under an umbrella no matter what. I've got a lovely tan too.
Hi,
We're going to Goa for the first time on the 29th, not sure what's what when it comes to malaria tablets but don't they need to be taken for a period (a week? a few days?) before you go so that they're in your system?

:think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.