Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Cant help sorry Dawnlee but i want to do 10days myself, i shall keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for asking it.. :D
Dawnlee, the Portland website is offering 11 nights in Playacar if that's any use
You'll find that if you choose an operator that uses scheduled airlines, they offer better flexibility as they have more frequent flights, whilst charter airlines may only fly ones a week.

Perhap you could try BA Holidays or Virgin Holidays, or alternatively look at building your own DIY package.

Mark :D
Thanks very much I will have a look at Portland

I have tried Virgin but they do not seem to fly to mexico unless i am doing something wrong, but I will try BA

Thank you
Some tour operators offer holidays for 'different' durations at the crossover points between the Winter and Summer schedules where the flights may change departure day for the next season. This is usually the end of April and the end of October. The Thomas Cook Tropical brochure I am looking at offers various Caribbean holidays for 6,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18 and 19 night durations. We took a 9-night holiday to Mexico a few years ago using these 'crossover' breaks and paid less than it would have cost just to go for 7 nights.

Cazz
we have booked through thomsons tailor made and are going to jamaica.
we are staying 11 nights and they were able to book for almost any number required.
think it works out a bit more expensive than a chanrter ( we are flying airjamica) but worth it if you get the days you like.
Hi, We did 10 nights in Cuba at the end of april/begining of may this year with First Choice. I believe they offer 10 nights just twice per year, at the start of the summer season and at the end of the summer season, something to do with the flight timetable changing.
Katie.
I've never found an major agent who does a 10 day caribbean. unless their is more than one flight in a week you wont get it. maybe you would be better making up your own package by booking hotel, airport and transfers independantly. it might work out expensive though.
hiya we have booked to go to st lucia for 10 nights we booked with thomas cook and are flying with virgin
We have booked through Thomson Holidays for May 2008 - The options were 7, 10, 11 or 14 nights. It all depends on if they have flights available as I have recently checked the website to compare the price of the holiday with what we paid in the travel agents and the 10 nights is no longer available at Riu Palace Mexico but it is at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. So I think if you are prepared to look around you would get a 10 night break through Thomson Holidays :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.