Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Who was the airline you were travelling with , and the TA you have booked this through ?

Sometimes a travel agent will charge you an administration fee , schelduled airlines ( I am assuming that you are not on a charter flight) work differently than charter flights . this also depends whether they booked your flights through a consolidator 9 a sort of bulk buying flight company for want of a better description)

I suspect that this is the case that it is the travel agent charging and not the airline but i really don t think that there is anything illegal about it so to speak . However you must ask for an invoice showing the full details of the charges and ask for a full explanation what they are for ?

Oh and a word of warning until the TA gets the money back from he airline / consolidator , they in turn will pass the refund on to you. this could take a few weeks !
thanks for your reply. I booked the ticket via a travel
agent called sagitta travel. It's to fly with cathay pacific airlines. I called cx and they confirmed the charge's not asked by them.
I feel that the charge seems to be a bit random as i know some travel agents charge £20. Most importantly, i was not made aware of this at the time of booking. It might have affect my decision. It sounds like they are taking adventage of the situation!
Some travel agents do charge an administration fee to cancel flights, however they have to make you aware of those charges at the time of booking either by way of a notice in the shop or verbally .

I would take it up with them as you were not made aware of it at the time so technically you should not have to pay .

Hope this helps
tell the agent you shall report them to trading standards, and (if members) ABTA. All cancelled flights will be rebooked or refunded free of charge by the airline to point of purchase, due to the volcanic disruption. They are profiting. Their position may change it you call their bluff. I don't know of anyone else doing this. The are simple charging you to get what is rightfully yours and which will be refunded by the airline.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.