Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Download the Safe & Sound booklet available via my signature or the link at the top of the page. I'm sure it states in there re overbooked accommodation.

Perhaps you need to call Ros Fernihough for advice. Contact details at the top of this forum.

luci :wave
That's awful they can't do this!! Ring Ros in the morning.
This is terrible and what is also bad is we keep reading of this type of complaint from all the big operators. They obviously have a major problem and something should be done about it. Their Customer Service seems to be pretty appalling as well.

Also there is no such thing s a "computer" error, maybe an error by the person operating the computer!!

Wonder if the person who posted the ITV email address further down would be interested on running a programme on all the nightmare stories of people having their hols canx at last minute.

I really feel for your parents and hope they get fully compensated for how they have been treated.
that is awful
how do these companies get away with it
look at the hastles if the customwer tries to cancel or alter the booking
Thanks - i'll speak to them when they get back as they have now left - I just hope they have a good holiday thats all. Its no wonder more people are now making their own package holidays the shoddy service they have been getting from the big tour operators is awful. I mean, to book it nearly a year in advance and be told 24 hours before going that its overbooked is just incredible.
If you can contact them, tell them not to accept any "free" excursions offered because their accomodation was changed.
Or compensation in resort ;)

Also Gary if they are not happy with where they have been sent ie accommodation poor etc tell them to report it to the rep in resort asap and to fill in a complaints form. To Take photographs of any problems.
Hi Gary

I really feel sorry for your parents, as the same thing happended to friends of ours (Only with libra holidays). They were flying sunday, and were told fri, that the accomodation they had originally booked in Roda had pulled out of the contract, and the only available accomodation on the island was the daskalos studios in Kavos! Couldnt even find any reviews on these apartments, and as for kavos - They wanted peace and quiet (That is why they chose Roda - They had been going here for last 10 years, and were looking forward to meeting up with their friends!)

Belly!
Just sent them a text telling them not to accept free excursions or compensation in resort and to take photos if they not happy. Told them to use a camcorder film JUST for complaints after reading that holiday companies can use it against you if they see you enjoying yourself on the tape. However, with digital cameras now - what happens if you take photos, they cant demand the rest of the film because there isnt one....
They seem to be getting worse, that's terrible.

TOs have always overbooked. It appears now that they are giving cock and bull stories as excuses for this shoddy practice. What bugs me is that they don't cancel or move the last people to book, they seem to pull names out of a hat for it. This happened to me as far back as 1984 and they never tell you until last minute.
How did you get on with this complaint.

I went to Egypt with Thomas Cook and upon arrival in Egypt was told that my accommodation was no longer available. I have complained and had a letter saying althogh they appreciate I must be disappointed (understatement) overbookings happen and its regrettable.

In my hotel there where loads of people who hadnt booked that particular hotel and it was miles away from the resort centre so basically it appears if we all hadnt been moved there then this hotel would have had vacancies. I have taken further advice on this but am interested to hear that there are others who are affected and in booking holidays to different places to.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.