Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
cancun 2011
3 Posts
Hi Michelle,

We went in May and the weather was fantastic, hot, hot, hot. We had no rain, so make sure you take very high factors, essential!!

We loved Cancun and there are many great trips, but they are pretty expensive, but you do get so much more for your money than the average say beach barbecue in Greece! What sort of things do you like doing on holiday? Culture, sightseeing, History, nature things?

When we went we swam with Dolphins which was a dream of mine and I must of admit it lived up to my expectations, I still get teary eyed when I think back or watch the video!
We also went on the Jungle safari in a 2 man speedboat, great fun which included snorkelling on the Mayan reef, fantastic.
We also did a trip to Isla Contoy which if you like nature is a must. Frigate birds (which are massive) nest there, we had a guided trip of the island and we saw massive iguanas, a snake! and then swam with wild stingrays in the bay (which was just like the Bounty ad!) followed by the beach barbecue of course.
We did a bar crawl and went to all the famous clubs there which was great.
Also visited Xcaret which is an ecological park with underground cenotes (rivers/streams) which you can swim in, lots of sealife to swim with in the sea (which you could feed) and then a Mayan show at the end of the day.

I can honestly say everything we did we thoroughly enjoyed.

We didn't do Chichen Itza because of the very long journey to get there and back, not good on a coach in that heat. Also did not do Tulum because we couldn't afford any more trips, we picked what we preferred to do for the money, but I would like to do Tulum if we went again (which I would love)

Hope this helps, sure you will enjoy yourselves
I would recommend the pirates ships - i's for all ages, kids and adults alike. You get a meal on board with the option of steak and lobster. i was a bit sceptical about the food (we had the steak option) but it was fab abd cooked to our likeing and the drink flowed all night.

Definately worth considering.

Think it lasted about 4 hours - and u also get to see the sun set from the boat - definite kodak moment!!

If you like shopping - La Isla shopping mall is a must. lots of designer stores but with half the price tag you would pay in britain - we could hardly spend our money in the shopping malls. You could even take a condola ride through the river that runs through the mall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.