Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi ditsyblonde,
So if anyone could give me a bit of advice or know any hotels which are slightly close it would be much appreciated!

Do you have a particular budget in mind as this would narrow it down a bit?
Look at the RIU Cancun,

and dont worry about the buses as there is only one road, the strip of land the hotel zone is built on is an island .
It costs about 35p a trip.
shirley h wrote:
Hi ditsyblonde,
So if anyone could give me a bit of advice or know any hotels which are slightly close it would be much appreciated!

Do you have a particular budget in mind as this would narrow it down a bit?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Im thinking the lower prices, I was looking in the broucher/First Choice website at the Riu Cancun late June, it is roughly £800 PP. So around about that sort of price I think!
MilleMiglia wrote:
Look at the RIU Cancun,

and dont worry about the buses as there is only one road, the strip of land the hotel zone is built on is an island .
It costs about 35p a trip.

I was looking into this hotel anyway so if you are saying about it it too this may be a good one too look into! Thank-you!
I was thinking about the Rius as we've been to a few and I can thoroughly recommend them. I haven't been to Cancun, though I've spoken to people who've stayed at the Riu Cancun and say it's fab! Aonther good one is the Riu Caribe but I'm not sure of it's location, I'm sorry.
I think I've stayed at the Riu. It isn't as luxurious as some i've been to but it is perfectly fine. The food is fine and it is right on a good beach. The day time entertainment is fun and good for all the family. The pool ain't right cracking though, but i'm a beach person so thats ok. I went with friends (lads) and would go again, although if I was with the mrs would look for somewhere a bit more upmarket. As for transportation, go out of the hotel door, cross over the main road and get the next bus which will be there in 5 minutes. It is dead cheap, can't remember how much but worked out about 50pence wherever you go. It was brill. You are within walking distance to the old Cancun, but probably a bit far to walk to the main tourist bits with bars/restaurants etc. There are loads of taxi's in the centre which were reasonable too. Or the hotel would call you one.

Don't stay at the Blue Bay (which is next door) it is a swingers place, unless you're into that sort of thing of course! Enjoy.
I take it all back!! The Riu is where my mate went for his honeymoon last summer. He said it was amazing and right off the centre of the centre! He would defo recommend it. I think the one I was talking about was the club carousel! It was a few years ago I went...sorry!
Thanks for coming back with the correct info Joey. I thought that didn't sound like the Rius I know and love ;)
Thanks Joey :)

I'm liking the Sound of the Riu Carribe at the moment..... :)
We stayed here at the Carribe and cant recommend it enough, also you can use the Cancun facilities as much as you want.
When we had nights at the strip we got the bus down and had a few all inc drinks in there first its great!!! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.