Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
P.S As an afterthought i'm also going to be proposing to Louise - Any recommendations of where to do this - Want to do the whole romantic thing.

In some secluded place with a bottle of champagne on ice while the footie is on! Showing her that wanting to spend the rest of your life with her and are even willing to miss the footie to persuade her to spend the rest of her life with you will be the most romantic gesture of all :-)

SM

PS Also, hope to God that she doesn't ever read this forum herself before you go! Finding out that your request for suggestions re a proposal of marriage were an afterthought to a request for where you could watch football, horse racing and place a few bets is going to kill that romantic moment stone dead. In her shoes it would convince me that the answer should be 'No' :-)
We went in 1996, there was an excellent, "bookies" it was a huge place compared to UK type places, you could get breakfast, lunch, dinner etc, There were screens all around the room showing all kinds of action. A lot of American sports, but in 96 there wasn't a big british market there.

I have no idea if it is still there, it was on the short length of the seven on the way to downtown Cancun, but I am sure there will be other places about.
Stevie, there are a few sports bars on the strip, but I don't know if they show footie - we were there in the footie close season
Thanks for all that info guys.

cheers

Stevie
Hi there,

Sorry going a bit off topic here but we are going to Cancun in September and while we are there we are going to miss 2 of the F1 Grand Prixs. Myself and my husband are big fans and don't want to miss any of the races (especially not so near the end of the season).

We are staying in the Riu Caribe and I believe there is a 24 hour sports bar which hopefully they will be shown in - but we just wondered if there were any bars etc outside of the hotel complex which would be showing the races.

To be honest, I've not looked that far ahead yet to see which races we'll miss and work out the time differences but any help would be appreciated.

Charlie
x
Thanks Pippy, my brain still can't function and work out what the time difference will be for the Italian and Belgium GP's but I'll get my hubby to work that out.

On the other hand, you've got me all excited now cos the season is so close to starting!!! 17 days to go!!!

Kimi Raikkonen for WDC 2007. He he ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.