Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi ClaireAnthony,
I've just returned from JJs Guest House Candolim after a months stay ,although very basic I'm sure you would not be dissapointed for the price you pay, and next year, they are having tv's put in every room. The staff thier are absolutely great from Anthony (joint owner) down to the room boys who do a great job cleaning rooms. Also the restaurant is good value for money, and one of the cheapest to drink, large Kingfishers still only 70 irp This is the email address i used to book last year........ "Hardip Paul" info@casapraiagoa.com

P.S. We paid £93-50 per room, per week. but that was with a 15% discount for months stay. Hope this is usefull to you, and enjoy,let us know how you go on......... If I can help further please feel free to get in touch.

Regards
The Preacher
Hi Claire,
The contact emails for JJ's are cynthia_ferns@hotmail.com ( Anthony Fernandes ) and info@casapraiagoa.com (Hardip Paul)
Anthony runs Friends restaurant and Hardip is based in the UK.
We just booked this week for April 2012 through the UK address. This will be our 3rd time staying there.
JJ's is also on the Ownersdirect.co.uk website.
Good luck with your holiday booking.
Regards
Gail
Thank you for your responses.

I've sent an email off this afternoon but in the meantime does anyone have any other recommendations?
Here is the contact details for Angela's Guest House

Arthur Coutinho
C/O Angela's Guest House
Dando Candolim,
Bardez-Goa.403515
Ph.0832-2479958
Mobile No.+91 9822154640
Other Email arthurcoutinho123mailbox@rediff.com

cost for our apartment this year was 800rps per day. Arthur will pick you up from the airport in his very comfortable air conditioned taxi, he is a very careful driver.

I love this little place, its immaculately clean and comfortable and the owners can't do enough for you, without being intrusive. The apartments all have kitchen facilities (just ask if you want a kettle, toaster, cooking ring etc) and all have TV. The films are more up to date than I get with Sky!! It is virtually opposite Kingfisher Villa so quieter than 'uptown' Candolim but easily within walking distance. There are some lovely bars and restaurants within close proximity and an internet cafe directly opposite. The beach is at most a 5 minute walk away.

Honestly can't recommend it highly enough - a real home from home.
Cx
Pretty Petals, is a lovely guesthouse in a central but quiet position, near the football ground. Very nice big rooms with TV, big fridge, and A/C.
The photos don't do it justice, our rooms were nicer than those shown.

http://www.prettypetalsgoa.com/accom.htm

xx lassi
Pretty Petals were full and JJ's asking a lot more that I had hoped (because we're going for New Year's Eve so prices are generally hiked up). However, I've just had an email from Arthur confirming that Angela's Guest House has availability so I'm going to stay there. They've quoted an excellent price and I've seen some really good reviews so I can't wait!

Thanks again everyone.
Have a lovely time Claire, I am sure you will enjoy your stay there :sun2

Carolx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.