Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi BBB .. I am not aware of any problem, what is the error message you are receiving ? I will copy this to the Help & Assistance forum in the hope of attracting some advice, but in case you can't access, I will copy any replies to the Costa Blanca topic.

David :wave
Hi david, this is the message I get:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 95
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: common.php
LINE: 206
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 20
CALL: include('common.php')

It's double dutch to me :cry: , but when I put holiday truths into the search engine, it actually bring the error message up, (as an option to click on :?: ), it also brings the costa blanca forumn up too, which I can access, but even when I click holiday truths on my tool bar, it brings this message up too!

Thanks David!
Ah right, that is a problem which we have been experiencing intermittently since the new software was introduced, Vanlaywan is currently investigating. But when it occurs, it usually affects access to all forums including Costa Blanca. Perhaps the fact that you have been able to access here has coincided with a reboot by Van or Admins. Hopefully it is something which we might have resolved soon.

David :wave
Don't think its AOL as I am on it and am not having a problem accessing the Costa Blanca Forum as I just tried.

Doe
Yep this error is a consequence of the software upgrade.

If it occurs it occurs across the whole board and the server needs resetting.

We have made some changes to attempt a fix and, fingers crosse, it seems to be holding now...

We are monitoring it and will do our best to keep things online.

Van
Yes I have also been experiencing problems since the new software has been introduced,when I go back a page,I get page expired a lot now,even did it a few minutes ago.
Hi BBB

I also encountered difficulty in getting on all forums and it was showing 'General Error' and 'Too Many Conections'.

I switched the computer off for an hour and it was working correctly when I put it on again.

Jean
As has been explained by David, the software occasionally generates this error and without getting too technical it has something to do with the database containing all the information and the way it communicates with the software generating the pages.

This is being closely looked into.

Mark :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.