France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Lilacbunnikins - I am NOT a naturist but I understand that most naturist resorts are only naked during daytime and at night visitors are clothed - that should make evening entertainment a lot more bearable!

You also need to put on clothes to go outside the resort (back into the real world) such as to visit shops, sights and markets!!

I think that you will find you are staying within a specific part of Cap d'Agde, and that there will be lots to do outside your resort.

Here is the area website http://www.capdagde.com/en/ and here is the website for the part of cap d'agde you are visiting http://www.cap-d-agde.com/ . There are subtle differences in the two site addresses. The latter address has a website (in English) about Naturism and this contains full details of Club Helios which is the complex I presume you are referring to. None of this is at all smutty, and you should not be offended by what you see and read.

Have a great time.
Cap D'Agde is a wonderful town there's lots to do and a nice market
you do need transport to get around as it seems to go on forever

and no I've not beent o the Naturist resort there either just stop-overs a bit further east
Hi lilacbunnykins,
I have just come back from Cap D'Agde on Tuesday, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the naturist quarter as well as clubs.
Many people relax on their balconies of an evening also.

You can remain nude all day and all night if you wish, but many people do dress of an evening albeit scantily clad, which is understandable if it's cool.
Club Helios, Heliopolis, Port Natura and Port Ambonne to name a few are just the names of individual apartment block complexes within the naturist quarter, each tends to have a supermarket and places to dine and bars.
Some have pools, but on old photos it shows pools in the midle of Heliopolis, but they have now gone due to new apartments being built and building work is currently ongoing at the moment.

Food and drink and general groceries were comparible in price to here.
I didn't go but I'm told the local market is nice for a day out and there are plenty of nice villages close by to visit with activities going on. There are a few medievel towns in the area Carcassone is one of them but is a hours drive away.
I recognise your name from a naturist site, feel free to contact me with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. ;)
I've just picked up on this thread. Up until a couple of years ago I had been going to Cap D'Agde every year for many a year, but I stopped for two reasons - one, that the beach was becoming increasingly "clothes-optional"; second, all the fetish parade stuff at night in Port Nature. I'm not a fanatical naturist, but I found the trends there increasingly off-putting. Anyone any comments for this year? How has it been?

Cheers
I agree with you Andrew, and I'm not a fanatical naturist but when I go to a naturist resort I don't expect it to be more of a clothes optional resort and I certainly don't expect to be a naturist minority of an evening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.