Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi and welcome to HT!

From what I have found they appear to be private let apartments and so we don't have any reviews for them.

luci :wave
i don't know about the apartments, Cap salou is quite hilly so bad for your dad. From cap salou to salou train station you can take arround 30 minutes walking (even more) and you have buses.

For day trips I recommend you to Visit Tarragona and Barcelona.
Hi Lynn,

I've stayed at Arinsal twice (also booking with Universal) we really like the place, the correct area name is Carrer de la Mola D'aires Cala Crancs and NO TAXI DRIVER WILL KNOW IT, take some good directions from the internet in English & Spanish. The view from your front balcony over the sea is fantastic and the apartments in general are to a really high standard. It is on a hill there is no avoiding that I'm afraid & the nearest bus stop is maybe a 10 min walk if you go the long way round thus avoiding the worst of the gradient. The buses are great and you can do tourist trips directly on the local bus network to Tarragona, Barcelona etc very cheap.
There is a corner grocery shop and a bar just a few hundred meters away, through the forest path (you will know when you get there). Go a bit further again and there is a village centre with 5-6 restaurants and pubs (some English) some amusement type rides etc. In essence there would be no real need for you to go much further but you sound pretty active so a car might be the right thing for you given the mobility and small children factor. The apartments have a secure underground garage.

I think you have chosen well and will have a great time, your parents will most likely love just sitting on the balcony soaking up the view it's so nice. The beach is literally 1 min away down a set of stairs to the left of the apartments and the cove is brilliant for snorkelling, plenty to see in there, if you want anymore info just pm me so we dont bore everyone else.

Steve.
Ermm about taxi drivers... I'm 99% sure that if you mention cala crancs (cap salou) almost all taxi drivers will know it :)
We are hiring a car anyway so fingers crossed won't need a taxi - unless we have too many cocktails some night that is!!!!!! ;)
That will be 'all' taxi drivers except every single one I've tried then - they are still confused after 10 mins on the radio!
It's not the beach that's the problem but the access road to the apartments on Mola D'aires.
oh if it's not cala crancs beach... then I really have no idea where is it located :p
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.