Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Pre-booking is invariably cheaper than just turning up on the day but pre-paying is not always required with car hire firms in order to get a discounted rate. I usually pre-book via the internet and then just pay on arrival (at the pre-booked rate). An important advantage of pre-booking worth mentioning is that you will be guaranteed a car of the type and size you booked or a free upgrade if they can't provide it. Just turning up, you can't guarantee one will be available on the day (especially if in high season).

Have you considered other companies for your car hire as Avis aren't exactly renowned for their competitive prices? I used booking agents carjet.com last year for my 10-day car hire in Menorca. That was in a mid-season month and only cost about £130 (+fuel) for a 5-dr Ford Fiesta with A/C (would be classed as a group B car with Avis), fully comp insurance and no excess to pay in the event of an accident. That was picking the car up at the airport though, not in resort, so may not suit you as I don't think the car hire company they use has a pick-up office in Son Bou. Doyouspain.com are another car hire booking agency with competitive pricing that a lot of people on this forum use.
Holiday autos always have offers on, all you have to do is just get on thier mailing list!!!!
We hired a car for a day for approx 20 quid, all in at a place between Cala`n Blanes and Cala`n Forcate . It pays to look around once your over there or search on line, because as Robbo11 says, alot of the big companies are not that competitvie
Robbo - :shock:

Group: Renault Clio 3 door A/C

£ 188.97 GBP

For the whole 2 weeks! I think I'll say stick your free transfers and I'll pick the car up at the airport.

Is this an easy process at Mahon airport?
A Renault Clio is fine as long as there is not 2 adults and 2 teenagers and 4 suitcases.If that's a problem you are better off hiring your car in the resort.The large companies have permanent sites at Mahon.With the smaller companies you tend to find you end up messing about doing the paperwork in the car park.
Yes, it's very easy Sifter. If you are booking with Carjet they use a car hire company that have a desk-based office in the airport arrivals hall so it's no different to using Avis really, only a lot cheaper. The car will also be less than 7 months old. They charge a bit over the odds for the full tank of fuel but I think you'll find most companies do when you have to pay for fuel up front.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.