Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
car parking
9 Posts
Pat

Sorry to hear your troubles.Yes they did go bust i think towards the back end of last year.There was a posting on here about it,if you do a search it should come up.
The sad fact is that I`m afraid you have had an expensive end to your holiday.As its under £100 you wont have any credit card claim and if you trace the official Receivers you will just be another unpaid claim...wish i could give you better news
I'd agree with you Paully.
It's pretty poor though that the administrator or liquidator didn't see fit to warn voucher holders (and they should be known to the company as they are creditors) about the problem. This would at least have afforded them the opportunity to seek alternate parking at better rates than that demanded upon return from the holiday - when the car is held "hostage".

Mike
I agree with Mike on this but I also think the behaviour of the car park is poor.

Thay had accepted a booking for which they had not been paid. Fair enough I would not expect them to provide free parking. Why did they not tell Pat when booking the car in? What did they charge?

As they had no doubt agreed a discount rate with Travel-extra could they not have charged that rate?

From all my years in customer service I would want people to continue to use my services. The way they have done this I would expect people to find other places to park.

fwh
fwh

not sure what car parking facility was used at CWL but I believe many long term car parks would not actually interact with the customer until leaving the car park at the end of the parking period. In many cases I think you find that upon arrival you take a ticket from the barrier then park your car, then catch a bus to the terminal building. You don't actually check your car in and therefore there simple may not have been an opportunity to pre-warn the customer before leaving the car park. Only upon leaving the car park do you exchange your pre-payment voucher in lieu of payment before exiting.
yes you are right you just take a ticket and exchange it for the voucher when you pick up the car
but dont you think it would help if they displayed a notice warning about this company going bust it would have then given us the chance to pre-pay again and not get slammed with a £72 bill when we come home
but fingers crossed its been 10 days and not received a bill yet
The resposibility for informing you was that of the receiver not the car park.

They would have a list of bookings/creditors.

The point I was trying to make was that knowing that the company had gone bust, when the ticket was presented they could have charged the discounted price. That would have been good PR.

fwh
Yes, you are right fwh. It certainly would have been a sensible option.
well folks
its looking good still no bill from airport :D
so hopefully we wont hear anything now :lol:
what do you think
how long would the airport have to bill us is there a time limit on that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.