General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
cardigan
19 Posts
If you feel the cold then take it, I would rather feel silly than cold any day ;)

I would take one if I was going early or late in the season as it can get chilly in the evenings but I woudn't bother if it was June or July.
I take my fleeces and cardigan wherever we go - even Africa and the Caribbean. I get cold really easily so like to have all my layers. The double up as pillows as well!
I usually take one or two cardis as it can be quite chilly in an airconditioned restaurant. I also usually need one for the plane. :)
thanks ill take a couple better to be safe than sorry :cheers
I always wear a cardi on the travel day out and return as I normally feel the cold on the plane - I have a non crease white one - which is so lightweight but is enough to keep me warm and also white so ties in with ever I am wearing.
I always take a cardigan with me on holiday. I think they can be more versatile than sweaters (although I take them as well).
I always wear one to travel in/out with but rarely use one whilst im away. I also have a short sleeve cardigan which is very useful for covering the shoulders if you get a bit chilly. I wouldnt go without one though even if I dont use it.
Be prepared like a boy scout . Take one with you just in case, as you never know if and when you might need it . I always take one with as i find it cold on the plane even in the middle of summer , and definately when coming back home as we know how unpredictable our britsih weather can be .
Always take some kind of cardi or light weight jacket with me :tup
Went to Corfu late May/ early June and you needed a wooly in the evening it were a wee bit chilly.
Rather than a cardi I always take a couple of pashminas as like to wrap one around me on the flight but also if it gets chilly of an evening. Plus they pack up so small. I think I even used one once as a bag when the plastic one I was carrying broke!!!
Pashminas are always good to double up as a blanket when my little girls fall asleep on the plane too.
yep, I think they are good for travel as you can undo them if you get too hot, but feel too cold to take it off fully if you see what I mean xx
When we were in Tunisia, about 3 years ago, we got a load of pashminas for about £3 each, they're so warm, look stylish and they also double up as a pillow on the plane if there are enough blankets!

I definatly think a cardi or a jumper is a must, even in the Caribbean, I bring a hooded jumper for the evenings (the aircon gets so cold!) There's also always the chance of rain no matter where you are! :cry
Nothing wrong with being prepared. I take a short sleeved cardy or shrug just in case it's a bit nippy of an evening. Last two years in Cyprus they have been a godsend.
Hi
Always travel in a fleece type top because I sometimes get cold on the plane . I take a cardigan for the evenings ,dont usually need it but best be prepared
I always take a thin raincoat, it has been handy on a couple of occaisions when I have been unfortunate and had rain.....How sad is that :duh
M
Never without the cardi! CBG
Not at all sad! We had a tropical storm for a day in Cuba last year, and mum and I didn't feel at all sad in our "pack-a-Macs" :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.