Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi

My family and I are considering going to one of the above mid June to mid July 2006 (not sure of exact dates) can anyone tell me what the weather would be like? Is the rain or hurricane season a real problem?
Thinking of making a late booking for Cancun area in a couple of weeks time. Never been before. Is it usually hot. What about humidity? Thanks!
I have visited the Guardalavaca area in June/July for the past 3 years and although it is humid and you may experience late afternoon or early evening downpours, we have never been seriously affected. BUT it is officially hurricane season
hi, i have booked to go to cuba in june, really really excited but bit concerned as it is the known as the the most rain in this month.
if you have been in june before what has the weather been like for you? do you get thunderstoms and rain? if so how long do they last for? i no this sounds like a really stupid question but will i come back with a tan? i just dont want to be stuck out in cuba for 14 days and every day having rain, i want to be able to sit by the pool or on the beach catching the sun.
please put my mind at rest.
many thanks
Hi,

We have been to Cuba in June for the last two years staying at the Playa Pesquero last year and Iberostar Daiquiri the year before. The 1st year we had no rain and was very hot, last year we had a little rain early afternoon a couple of days and 1 thunderstorm which did not last for long, sometimes we jsut stayed in the pool whilst it rained.

Don't worry you will definately come back with a tan.

I'm sure you will have a great time whereever you are staying. Happy to anwer any questions if I can.
Hi
my boyfriend and I went on our first holiday together at xmas ( after 13 years together) to Cuba and loved it so much decided to book another caribbean holiday for the summer. I was disappointed to see that everywhere seemed to have the most rainfall in July. However the Thompson brochure had a graph which showed 16 days average rain in June and only 1 days rain in July, so booked a hol to Playa- the Rui Tequila. However I've read elsewhere now that July is just as rainy. Has anyone been to Mexico in July and can I expect lots of heavy rainfall?
thanks
Hi Kylataff.

I have been to Mexico twice and stayed in Cancun, last year we went on the 01st July 2005 for 2 weeks , we had about 4-5 days of rain over the 2 weeks, 3 of which were back to back and 2 days after we left Hurricane Wilma hit Cancun, even though this sounds bad overall the weather was lovely, very hot and humid and i came back with an amazing tan! :D When we went the year before 2004 we went in June and only had 1 day of rain. So to be honest i think what ever time you travel over the summer to Mexico you have to expect some rain, But i am more than certain that you will have good weather in July and a good time ! :P
Booked into Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus (dominican republic) for the 15th of May for a stay of 2 weeks. Im reading that May-June is the rainy season and that a typical forcast to expect is Partly Cloudy or Partly Sunny with chance of Rain, also it is more likely to rain in the afternoon than in the morning.

Reading back on old threads/posts it seems may of 2005 was a bit of a wash out and now im worring that this one will be too ruining our dream holiday as we are more after a getting a good tan rather than being pampered and relaxing.

Now myself and my fiancee are thinking of cancelling the holiday and booking elsewhere. Sure you cant change the weather but you can book somewhere where you are almost guarenteed great weather.

Please help change our minds :(
  • Edited by PinguTM 2006-01-12 21:33:52
Hi looking to go to Cayo Coco in June/July can anyone tell me what the weathers like that time of year thanks.
Maddy

see earlier replies re weather in Cuba June/July, normally OK but there is a huricane risk
As its my 40th birthday this year we were thinking about Barbados for the first 2 weeks of July instead of the usual Med holiday.Never having been outside of the Med.just wondered how much rain we could expect at this time of year as I know its the rainy season.The climate charts seem to show a fair amount of rainfall,but also about 9 hrs of sun.Any advice about going at this time much appreciated-or should I go for say Jamaica where the rainfall figure for July doesn't seem quite as bad? :D
Could anyone advise on what the weather is like in August and September in Cuba ( Varadero) ? Is there much difference ?

Would prefer to goaround the end of August, beginning of September but am worried about the weather ? would really appreciate some advice as i have never visted Cuba and want to book up soon.

Thanks !
Dee 111,

Just be aware that Aug / Sept is within the hurricane season in the Caribbean region so the weather can be unpredictable. I normally have my caribbean holiday in March for this reason. Having said that, you may get 2 weeks of glorious weather, but bear in mind it is unpredictable and anything can happen. This website is very good for current and historical weather information.

cuba is a fantastic country, I'm off to Varadero for my second trip to Cuba in March. You'll love it.

Darren
Hi

We have just booked a hol leaving next week to Bavaro, I have just checked the 10 day forecast which predicts rain for every day????
It is hot though which is one consolation can anyone tell me does it rain all day or just heavy showers and then lots of sunshine? also is it cool in the evening?

Thanks
Julie
Hi, i have just booked a two week carribean cruise, taking in Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St. Lucia to name a few.

We travel on 14th November, does anyone have any idea what the weather will be like? I didnt think to ask..doh!

Thank you, Lindsey
Hello all, we have finally decided on our next holiday. We have (like knitter46 on page1) decided on the pacific west coast of Mexico, The Marival resort, in early August.
We too would apprieciate advice on the likleyhood of hurricanes or excessive rain, humidity ect. or what the ocean may be like at that time of the year, rough/calm hot/cold.
Thanks in advance, Steve :)
Hi Steve

The NHC website HERE has historical hurricane information which may be of some use.

Pippy :D
Does anybody know what the weather is like in Cuba between 20th may - June 2? It shows more average rain than other caribean places but will this spoil a holiday or is it tropical storms. Anybody been in Mya, is it good?

Help

Diane
Lesandflynny

I have been in May June and July over the years and have never had "bad weather". You may get a heavy rainfall either afternoon or evening but it soon clears. This does lead to high humidity though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.