Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Try this web site :D
http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm
Click on mexico then the forecast link you can find weather almanac and trip planner, also current weather. Hope this helps :D
Im due to depart for cancun on 26/04/06 for 7 nights, how has the weather been so far?
hi, good news - the weather is hot hot hot 8) and staying very warm for the next couple of weeks.
I have been looking closely at the weather because i too am leaving on 26/4 from manchester to cancun on the 10.am flight with first choice in premier section, who are you flying with?, might be on the same aircraft!
hi, going to cuba in 49 days, really really looking forward to it, bit sad really but keep looking at the weather, but every time i look it says rain and thunder storms:( anyone been in june before and is this the normal weather out there at this time, i just dont want to have 2 weeks of getting wet and being inside coz of the thunder storms and the rain. i want to be tanning my self :) lol.
If anyone can put my mind at rest as just a little curious and worried about it.
many thanks
Just booked for cancun next august and was wondering what the weather was like as i've just been told its hurricane season so am thinking about changin the month. also has anyone stayed at the crown paradise as this is my hotel and i've heard bad things about it. any info would be much appreciated
Emma, we were in Cancun last August, and had our hotel changed due to hurricane damage :cry: That said, all the locals assured us that Cancun normally gets "hit" about every 10 years, so you should be Ok :D
The weather was brilliant - mid 90s, with raqin for about 1 hour during the whole fortnight (& it dried up really quickly)
Great place, have a great time - any help I can give, just ask...
hi, going to cuba in 43 days, really really looking forward to it, bit sad really but keep looking at the weather, but every time i look it says rain and thunder storms:( anyone been in june before and is this the normal weather out there at this time, i just dont want to have 2 weeks of getting wet and being inside coz of the thunder storms and the rain. i want to be tanning my self lol.
If anyone can put my mind at rest as just a little curious and worried about it.
many thanks
Hi

I went to Holquin last June for two weeks apart from a few thunderstorms,mainly in the late afternoon the weather was baking hot.We found the storms quite a relief,also beware of the Mozzies in June they were out in force.

Daveyboy

8)
Hiya all i have just changed my holiday from sharm el sheikh to the dominican republic. I fly out on the 12th june. However i have been checking the weather and it seems that every day is cloudy/rainy/thundery. Could any one tell me if this is the sort of weather that i am going to encounter or will it improve any by the time i get there. :bawl
Hi.
If you goto http://www.wunderground.com and search dominican republic you will get a 5 day forcast.
It's a little difficult to predict weather anytime beyond this accurately.

Cheers Ken. :)
Another website HERE.

Pippy :D
Found a really good deal to Playa Pesquero Aug 07, what is the weather like. I know it is hurricane season only too well after having to cancel my holiday to Mexico for last August due to the terrible hurricanes that hit them. Wondering if any one has been in August and what was the weather like. Went to Dom Rep instead last year and were really lucky with a few showers only.

Thanks

Rhonda.
Hi Rhoda,

we go to the p.p. on aug 2nd weve been to the carribbean several times always late jul / aug and have always been very lucky with the weather, inc. the dom rep in 2004.

hopefully this year will be the same, as my wife and i are now a little exited.
we only booked this hotel about 4 wks ago after thompson advised us of renovation works that were planned for our original choice the brisas guardalavaca, which we booked last sept.

hopefully the changes will be for the better, hopefully we may see you there, who are you travelling with?

regards,

Eifion. :D
was looking at the weather for next week in la romana dom rep and it says for most of the week scattered thunder storms.

Should i take this seriously. Is it still most likely to be hot and sunny most days??

Please help - worried!! :(
I wouldn't worry - it said the same when we went to bavaro - didn't see hardly a cloud for the whole two weeks yet alone a thunderstorm.

It's the same for me - we go to the maldives on Sunday and the weather forecast says showers with the possibility of storms every day yet when i look at the island Webcam it is sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky so i now never rely on forecasts.
Thanks for the reasurance about the weather being good in May,
As this is our first time to Cuba, is there any advice on do's and donts for the Cayos region ??,
It is the first time of having allocation on arrival as well, so a little nervous about that part ???,
We have been told, it will be atleast a 4star hotel AI, and in the Cayos, Has anyone else done this kind of deal to Cuba??,
We thought with it being Cuba, rather than the run of the mill Spanish costa's, we thought perhaps we couldnt really go too far wrong ?!?!?.
We can only travel in September, October or early November and we would like to got o Playa Dorada.
We know this is hurricane season but can anyone tell us which would be the best time within these months to travel please ?

The best time of you want to avoid any danger of hurricanes is November. However a hurricane hasn't hit the north coast of the Dom Rep for many.many years (they usually hit the east or south coasts. I have been to playa Dorada twice during the first week in November - the first year we never say a cloud, the next year we had we solid days of rain, but this could happen at any time. I would say october or November.
Hi,

What is the weather in the Dom. Republic for May? Will it be plenty of sun or just two weeks of rain?

Thanks
Kyle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.