Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi ClaudiaMy sister in law just got back from her 5th visit to Mexico all at different times of the year. In her opinion May is the best time as the weather is very hot, without quite so much humidity and everything is still in full swing.
Hey,

thinking of going to barbados in july 2007, ive heard that is the hurricane season??
Hi Guys

Thanks for your advice, i have been looking to go at the later part of May next year, staying in the Gran Costa Real Resort and Spa, Cancun.

We are planning to go All Inclusive, so hopefully won't need as much spending money i hope. Can you advise whether it is an expensive resort?
hi we are going to occidental grand flamenco xcaret in october this year. has anyone been to riviera maya at this time of year and what weather can we expect and how busy is it then? in fact anything anyone can tell me about this hotel or location would be appreciated as never been to mexico before and never been all inclusive. thats if the hotel is still there in october as its at the end of the hurricane season. thanks
Unfortunately July is in the so called hurricane season if you decide to go to Barbados then.

Having said that, Barbados has been fortunate enough not to have been subjected to the forces of hurricanes for well over 25 years.

It is always a risk travelling to Barbados (or any other Caribbean island for that matter) during the hurricane season as the forces of mother nature can never be predicted.

Mark :D
Hi Claudia ! It depends entirely on what you intend doing on yor holidays. We went to the Riviera Maya last year and spent just under £300. We did go swimming with dolphins at Cozumel but paid by card. There are quite a few really good trips but they are fairly pricey.
Hi Claudia
we had one night at the Gran Costa Real last year and got out fast. In my opinion its very bad value. I think young people who like to drink and party all night and toast by the pool all day may like it but not us. If you like a beach (there is none) good food or peaceful surroundings look elsewhere.
Hi Claudia

We stayed at the Gran Costa Real Resort & Spa and I would definately recommend the hotel its fanatastic!!!

You will have a great time!!! :wink:

Savannah
Gran Costa Real reviews HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
We have just come back from mexico, it was VERY hot and only rained twice for about 10 minutes each time, sometimes it was to hot reaching 42c on one day Phew :shock: and we were told that July was even hotter
hi can anyone please help. we are booked to go to riviera maya (occidental grand flamenco) this october now 1 of our party is worried that it wont be hot. i know this is the back end of the hurricane season but will it be hot enough to sunbathe and get a tan?
HI

We went end of March/April and caught some spring breakers but the weather was perfect. As someone has already said the excursions are expensive, much more so than say in the Med. As two adults and two children we spent on excursions alone in the region of £700 but that did include the Dolphins. We enjoyed them all and didn't regret the cost- if you do only one trip visit Coba, it was amazing.

Pam
can anyone tell me how warm it is in riviera maya in october. we are already booked but 1 of our party is worried it will not be warm enough to sunbathe and get a tan. any info appreciated.
Hi,

Hope i can post this here,

We are looking to book Mexico fro August next year, there will be 2 Ads 2 Kids (12, 5) and 2 Ads 1 Kid (14)

Looking at the Catalonia Riviera Maya AI, just slightly concerned about the time of year as i beleive this is hurricane season, does anyone have any advice to offer, is it advisable to travel here at this time of year or are we likely to get stuck in a "mad hurricane" not sure if we should risk it or not, any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Also does anyone know what measures they have in place to deal with hurricanes i.e. shelters etc if we get a really bad one, sorry if i sound daft but have never travelled to the carribean before and want to be well armed if i decide to go .

Thanks Loups
Oops, guess i posted in the wrong place LOL sorry
No apology necessary :wink:
Hi all

myself & my boyfriend are off to dominican republic next week, and i'm starting to panic as the weather reports for next week (10th Aug) say cloud...cloud & more cloud in the East..which is where we're off to!!! we have never been to the Carribbean before, but dreamt of sun!
we are total sun worshippers & need to know if anyone has been recently...in the last month??? if so, what was the weather like?? We're staying at the Sirenis tropical suites on a late deal with First Choice...any info anyone??

Thanks

jen
The summer months generally have the most rain. June- September would be the wettest. I wouldn't worry too much though. We have just returned from Antigua which is similar weather wise. The rainy season is also very humid and we welcomed the cloud, usually it was very light. Out of a fortnight we had 3 afternoons where we had a couple of hours of rain( well- torrential downpours and thunderstorms! :lol: ) It did rain most days but usually that was under half an hour and sometimes just5 mins. I came home the most tanned I can remember being.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.