Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Apart from the unsettled weather later in the day, I hope you had a great time though.

Angie.
Indeed we did Angie and thanks for all your help and info, will provide a review / report in a day or so.

Graham
Graham,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and my info was of help to you. Cant wait to hear all about it, will keep my eyes peeled for your review/report.

Angie.
Hi, I am looking to go to Mexico for my birthday in November. Can anybody advise me on the weather? If the weather is not too good here at this time of year could somebody please advise me on where to visit in November? Thanks :)
Just looking at weather forecasts starting 10th Jan, showing rain, no sun,hope thats not the case
Hi All,

Have booked to go to the Tamarjin in aruba in August. Can anybody tell me what the evening temperatures are likely to be?

Many thanks,
Pat
Hi Pat,

I usually find this website very helpful for weather temps for our holidays. Give lots of info on Historical data.

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/Queen_Beatrix_Airport/08-2009/789820.htm

Angie.
can anyone give me an idea of the weather in june in guardavalarca? we went 25/5 last year and had a couple of short sudden downpours,including hailstones and gale force winds on one day,but this only lasted about an hour. am looking at 21/6 but my husband is worried it will be the hurricane season.
thanks
:cheers can anyone tell me what the weather,s like last week in september please
Hi
We are off to Punta Cana in the Dominican in 6 weeks.............should the weather be OK then ?
I hear there are sometimes rain storms but sometimes these can happen in the evening ?
If anyone could advise ?
Thanks ;)
Went to Mexico February, good weather, looking at now but Hurricane season putting me off, what could I expect weatherwise temps
Hi,

I am thinking about going to the Dominican Republic in the middle of October for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know what the weather will be like then? Does it rain a lot?

Many thanks in advance.
We stayed at the Riu Tequilla in January, had a great holiday. Hot, how would weather compare end of this month September. Would evening still be hot. I know its still hurricane season
Hi

Am looking to go to Cancun in Setpember can you let me know what the weather will be like? Thanks
hi mari . we went to sensatori mexico 29th sept this year . and hurrican paula past through Cancun the day we should have returned home and it rained for half a day . we where lucky has they shut Cancun airport we got to stay 24hrs extra in the hotel and the hurricane turned and did not affect us . the weather was great for the 2 weeks we were there. happy days lolly :sun2
Nobody knows, it changes from year to year and day to day.
I have been mexico in Oct/Nov and the dominican Aug/Sept. All during hurricane season.

In mexico it runs from June-Nov. A hurricane can hit at any time as can bad weather.

In Oct we went on honeymoon and for the 1st 9 days it was pure sunshine, then it started to rain. people tell you that it rains for half an hour then stops, this is the case a lot of the time but sadly it was not for us. It rained, thunder & Lightening and high winds for 5 days and the rest of our holiday. This was due to a Cat 1 hurricane passing us.

We went to DR this year Aug/sept and a cat 4 hurricane passed us only bringing 1.5 days of solid rain etc.... it really does depend on how close it is if it happens.

mexico has not had a direct hit since WIlma in 2005. It is scary though wondering if it will hit you or not. I spent time looking at projected paths on both trips.

Hurricanes are not the only problem though tropical storms/depressions also bring the bad weather. Saying that for the most it really is blue skys and sun!!

Has it put me off??? No way we are hopefully going back to mexico to stay at our 3rd excellence resort next Aug.............says it all really, just depends if you want to risk it yourself xx
Hurricane alert in Caribbean

Several Caribbean islands are on hurricane alert after a storm lashed Barbados, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago at the weekend.

Depending on the path it takes, Hurricane Tomas could now hit Jamaica, eastern Cuba or the Dominican Republic and Haiti, where more than a million survivors of last January's earthquake are still living in tented camps.

Airports in Barbados and St Lucia were forced to close at the weekend when the islands were hit by Tomas. Some flights across the Caribbean have been cancelled.

The storm has lost some of its power, but the US National Hurricane Centre has warned that it could gather more force as it sweeps across the region.

With permission from Travelmole
I have been watching this since Friday. It has been to a Cat 1 hurricane and is now back to a tropical storm. The storm doesn't seemed to have followed the predictions as yet. The path has changed and it was predicted to become a major hurricane by the middle/end of the week, but it looks like they are now predicting that it will go back up to a Cat 1. If it carries on the current predicted path it will dump on Haiti. Heaven knows those poor people really don't need anymore rain and wind.
I have a friend who went to Jamaica yesterday and was worried because it did look like it might hit there but not anymore.
St Lucia and St Vincent battered by hurricane

The island of St Lucia is starting a major clear-up operation after being battered by Hurricane Tomas at the weekend.

At least 14 people are now reported to have died on the Caribbean island after the hurricane triggered landslides.

The storm also hit the island of St Vincent and is now veering towards Haiti, which was tragically hit by an earthquake in January.

According to the BBC, St Lucia's Prime Minister Stephenson King has declared a state of emergency.

The island's Tourism officials issued a statement today saying the Category 1 storm "packed sustained winds and heavy rain, which resulted in fallen trees, infrastructural damage to buildings, damage to major roads consequentially restricting access to various areas, and temporary loss of utility services across the island".

They said damage was limited mainly to loss of landscaping and flooding to accommodations although a few hotels reported some structural damage.

The country expects to be back to normal by November 12, they added.

Those wishing to leave are being helped by the island's Government and the private sector, while those wishing to remain on island will continue to be taken care of, said the statement.

Cruise ships will resume calls to the island on November 7.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.