Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Carnival Cruises
18 Posts
Hi Wes and welcome to HT!

If you would like to write a review of the Carnival ships you have been on, please let me know their names and I will have them added to our review site.

Unfortunately I have never sailed with Carnival so cannot makes comparisons, but from what I have read perhaps one of the RCI ships would fit the bill.

HTH

luci :wave
Wes,

The other cruise line you could have a look at is NCL.... Their freestyle cruising is very similar to Carnival.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/

Sandi
x
THe ships we sailed on were Carnival Victory on both the east and west Caribbean in 2002 and this and the Elation on the Mexican cruises, in 2001 and 2003 this ship has now been replaced and moved into the Caribbean sailing from Galviston.
I would be delighted to do a review
We did a Carnival cruise about 6 years ago, an di thought that it was excellent, we did a cruise and stay. Doing 5 days in the Dominican, 7 days on the Inspiration Carnival cruise liner. Taking in the islands of Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St Lucia, Greneda. Then 2 days back in the Dominican. Carnival are a American company so as you can imagine everything is typical American, but it was soooooooooo excellent. We had a basic room as we could not afford anything better, but we were not disapointed, we had 2 single beds a tv, and a seperate shower room with loo. maid service was excellent, everytime you left your cabin the maids were in and tidied up. Even making up towel swans for your bed at night along with a chocolate and a news letter for the next day. Food well what can i say how much can 1 person eat in 1 sitting Nightime entertainment not enough time in a week to do everything you want to on these ships. Staff were friendly and tips were already paid for with our holiday. Although we did tip extra. Day trips out booked through Carnival are expensive, so we just linked up with another couple. And every day just disembarked ship and there are loads of taxi drivers waithing to ferry you where ever you want for a fraction of the price.
I would reccommend Carnival to anybody. We had a wonderful cruise, infact it was our honeymoon and we loved it.
I have asked for these Carnival ships to be added. You can write a review once this has been done at Cruise Ship reviews

Thanks.

Hi

The Carnival Victory, Elation and Inspiration have now been added. You can now post reviews via the link above.

Thanks

Hi blewes, you might be interseted to know that RCI are sailing one of their ships, Legend of the Seas, on 14 night criuises out of Southampton to the Med from May 2005. Very similar to Carnival except they are aiming at mainly British passengers on these cruises. Although I hav'nt sailed this ship I have been on her sister ships,plenty of glitz and glamour but not stuffy. Dennis
You could always stick with Carnival, Liberty is out of Rome next summer.
Carnival seemed to have dropped their US style pricing structure for one comparable with the rest of the European market,just checked prices for Liberty next year and they are no cheaper than the top of the range cruise lines..
Carnival Corporation has ordered 4 new ships worth $2 billion. All the ships will be built in Italy at the Fincantieri shipyard, and are due to enter service in 2008/2009.

They will be operated by Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises and Carnival Cruises.
Hi
We are a family of 4 who are going on the carnival Miracle early march round the western caribbean. Our children will be 2 1/2 & nearly 4 years of age.
The trip includes Grand Caymen, Belize City, Cozumel & Costa Maya.
I think we're going to Stingray city on Grand Caymen & Chankanaab Park on Cozumel. We're really not sure what to do on the other 2 stops. Any idea's. Also if you've been on any of the above trips have you any advise etc.
I would also be grateful of any hint & tips in genaral for young families on the Miracle or any cruise for that matter.

Kind Regards

Chris
Just Booked a weeks stay in Kissamee followed by a weeks cruise in the western caribean.

Sat Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00pm View Shore Excursions

Sun Key West, FL 12:00pm 6:00pm View Shore Excursions

Tue Belize 8:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

Wed Cozumel, Mexico 7:30am 8:00pm View Shore Excursions

Sat Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 7:00am View Shore Excursions

Wondered if any body else has done this and what it was like.

Also where to visit in Florida and any prices.

Thanks
Hi Chris and welcome to the Cruise forum!

I have asked for the Carnival Miracle to be added to our Cruise Reviews site and should be grateful if you could post a review on your return.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Hi Darrene and welcome to the Cruise forum!

If you would like to post a review on your return you can do so HERE

Has anyone sailed on this ship or does anyone know anything about her or any other Carnival ship.
Heres hoping for lots of good reports,
Hi Maureen

I have merged your post with an existing topic on Carnival. You may find some information in earlier posts.

Has anyone been on any of these cruises in the carribean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.