Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Chilly and Co for another great meet there were more this week than last week with the addition of Polly and partner as well as another couple but didn't get there names, sorry , also not forgetting Geoff's birthday. You and the others do a great job making everyone feel welcome and part of th HT family. Love Jayne xxxxx
Me & other half arrive 26th Nov, will try to squeeze a visit down to meet everyone whilst there !
:cheers
Chilly will you add John and I to ....Jan 16th 23.rd ..30 th.....well for 6 weeks really see you all then
certainly will irishcolleen cant wait to see you both again x :tup
Nov 2012- March 2013 Meets

....... wednesday nights. good food and good company!! your other half (O/H) friends/family are welcome!!

Please note you do not have to add your name you are very welcome to just turn up... we all have a drink, many have a meal, we chat and exchange ideas and information on places to go and things to see and on general hints about Goa, Even those who have been going to Goa many many years find out things they didnt know!!

This year we are considering having a few theme nights, although again NOT compulsory, just for fun.

Although many of us have been meeting up for many years this does not mean we are a closed group, we very very much want to meet new people and make new friends. Many of us have become lifelong friends through the HT meets and we would love to add your name amongst those friends.Please dont be shy, if your name is listed we tend to look out for you on the evenings we know you are coming and introduce you and make you welcome. If you're not on the list you wont miss us!! just come over and introduce yourself or ask one of the bar staff, they all know us...PLEASE ...

soooooooo it's ...
Candolim on a WEDNESDAY night,
And if you've nothing planned to do,
Just call in to the CARVERY,
and have a honeybee or two,
Friendly faces and lots of fun,
You'll have a real good night,
and maybe get to say hello,
To your friends from the H/T site.
(poem courtesy of KJF )

DIRECTIONS to The Carvery: heading from Calangute to candolim on the main road, go past the football ground on your right and the small market on your left..then turn right down Candolim Beach Road (there is a chinese restaurant on one corner of the road and a small cigarrette kiosk on the right as you turn in) then follow the road down about approx 250 mtrs and the carvery is UPSTAIRS on your left hand side, the steps are to tcome on up and look for the rowdy lot!!! we are usually at the tables that back onto the staicase (by the bookcase) but if unsure just ask at the bar or one of the waiters.....(their ia a board downstairs u can add your name too)

November 2012

7th: Chilly, Sammi, Meagain, jemajo, hubby Jim, Carol, Lee, Catherine and Dave, Dragon 07, Split, Corinnelynne

14th Chilly,Sammi, Meagain, SteveandJayne, MrsLucky7 and mrslucky7friend, (sarah & Sue) Dragon 07, Split, Corinnelynne

21st masquerade mask night hide behind your mask
21st Chilly, Sammi, Meagain, Dragon 07, SteveandJayne, Dragon 07, Kazz999, Geoff999, Corinnelynne, polly

28th Chilly, Sammi, Meagain, Dragon 07, Kazz999, Geoff999, Corinnelynne, newbie, polly,

DECEMBER:

5th Chilly, Sammi, Meagain, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne

12th Chilly, Meagain, Moles, Kent, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne

19th Christmas Fancy dress & Party Night (not compulsory to dress up!!)
19th Chilly, Meagain, Brenliz, Moles, kent, Dragon 07, ChrisandAlfi,Corinnelynne

26th Boxing Day, no meet

JANUARY 2013

2nd Chilly, Meagain, Brenliz, Dragon 07, ChrisandAlfi, Corinnelynne

9th Meagain, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne

16th Meagain, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne, Irishcolleen, irishman, GoonerFan

23rd Chilly, Meagain, Noggin, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne, Irishcolleen, irishman. GoonerFan

30th Chilly, Meagain, Noggin, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne, Suo,Irishcolleen, irishman GoonerFan

FEBRUARY
6th Black and white night
6th Julian01, Chilly, Meagain, Preacher, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne, Irishcolleen, irishman

13th Chilly, Meagain, Dragon 07, IrishNoel, Corinnelynne, Irishcolleen, irishman, vegasone

20th Chilly, Meagain,Debs16, Dragon 07,IrishNoel, Karenchicken,Corinnelynne, Irishcolleen, irishman.vegasone

27th games night pool,darts,dominoes,connect 4 (everyones name in an hat and knockout)
27th Chilly, Meagain, mancnicci, Debs16, kippaxian, Dragon 07, IrishNoel, Corinnelynne,vegasone,

MARCH

6th Chilly , mancnicci, kippaxian, Dragon 07,IrishNoel, Corinnelynne

13th Chilly, Iaintwoeyes, mancnicci,Dragon 07, IrishNoel, Corinnelynne

20th Chilly, meagain, Dragon 07, Noely, Corinnelynne

27th Chilly, meagain, Dragon 07,Corinnelynne

APRIL ... if enough people!!!

3rd Chilly, Meagain, Dragons, Fiona,

10th

17th
  • Edited by chilly 2012-12-20 13:31:21
me and Diane will be there somewhere between 10th feb and march 2nd...will be bringing some male friends who we met out there 7 years ago
Black and white night sounds fun WHAT ABOUT A FANCY DRESS NIGHT in late jan or early Feb lol lol colleen
We could always have a belated Saint David's day feast on the 6th of March :tup or a dress

rehearsal for St Pats night :cheers ,even an early enactment of St George's, as we still have a few Dragons about :rofl :rofl :rofl
Well you all know me up for anything,even got my face paints with me
Have added you vegasone look forward to seeing you again

there is a fancy dress in December so not sure how well another one would go down really?? and other problem is some of us who are here already might find it difficult to find fancy dress out here :think alright for the more artistic amongst us, but unfortunately some of us are not good with a needle :rofl thats definitely me!!!!! or it might just end up some are and some aren't (dressed up)!! yes Irishcolleen i think the black and white night should be a laugh it went well the last time and looked pretty effective !! ...

The masquerade mask night was not a success as i was the only one turned up with a mask everyone else forgot even though i know some had brought masks over with them :duh i did feel a prat!!! :D maybe we could do that one again in Jan/Feb?? it was brill a couple of years ago... whats the general opinion on that instead of another fancy dress?
Glad everyone is getting involved and in the mood the meets have been really well attended so far... with endless tables being added through the evening and the food has been good too.... its great seeing old friends again and meeting new ones :) Chilly
dont worry about fancy dress availability in Goa Chilly,you have me and Barb,and we can come up with ideas and making in no time,i always think home made ones are not only better ,but show more inventivness and interest,obviously this is extended to any other long termers out here,only my opinion for what its worth but I for one would enjoy more of them,the birthday party a couple of years ago was a great example of what a good night can be had
discussed it at last weeks meet but it was voted against.... so sorry folks, people felt the one was enough in december...plus a lot were unprepared for another ... the meets are great fun anyway and mainly about chatting and meeting people, which is why the music wasnt popular last year.. its so nice catching up with everyone and they are well attended so far :tup
forgot to say tomorrow night i will not be at the meet till very late but as there are only regulars on the list i am hoping that noone new will be there... if so wont be there till about 10pm sorry
Sorry we did not get to the meet to night got stuck in traffic at Anjuna for over a hour :yikes , in the end we decided we was just to tried and sweaty, :que so went home for an early night for a change :tup
only me at the meet last night,2 new couple came along ,chatted for a while then left dissapointed, :cry
sorry all, i got sick yesterday and couldnt come to the meet later as planned, looks like it was a quiet one...

sorry to the new people :cry a good case for adding names i guess? :que not compulsory of course but on the other hand could avoid disappointment in a situation like that as i know others would make a definite effort to be there if they had known ... I think its the 1st meet i havent been there when in Goa. :think

chilly
I'll be out there for the 16th, 23rd and 30th Jan meets, see you all soon ;) :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.