Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We just returned from the Catalonia Consul on Sunday and I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room was small and very basic, the maid service was terrible (they didn't leave towels on several occasions, no loo paper on other occasions and the room wasn't cleaned at all on three occasions). The pool area is pleasant although alot smaller than it looks in photos but the sunbeds were appalling - dirty, saggy and in desperate need of new covers. The food was very good with a good variety for both breakfast and dinner. However, the table was never laid up properly - no glasses etc. Breakfast was a daily search for a glass or a cup or a teaspoon or milk and when this was pointed out to staff it was met with a shrug.

The hotel is in a brilliant location but the building is very, very tired. It's a shame cos so much could be done with it. We came away with the impression that the hotel is severely understaffed and those who are still there are completely demoralised. There are recent good reviews on other sites from people who were there at the same time as us and I wonder if they were really at the same hotel. Everyone we spoke to had the same opinion as us and wouldn't recommend it.

I would never go back to this hotel again and would recommend you look at the Hotel Cala Bona next door.
I agree with roswell .We have never stayed there but when you walk passed in the evening the restaurant looks like a works canteen!! Bright neon lights and everyone is in full view of the street. We stay at the hotel cala bona and there are often people from the consul having lunch there because (they say) the food in the consul is dreadful.
I would recommend the hotel cala bona to you. We will be back there next may and september.
It sounds like the reviewer had a room at the front of the hotel which are much, much bigger. If you get a room in the building behind as we did, they are much smaller. As regards cleanliness, our bath wasn't cleaned at all in two weeks and the basin and surrounding surface was only cleaned once. People in rooms either side of us experienced the same level of dismal service. We saw a broken long-life light bulb on the floor in the bar area which remained there for three days until we pointed it out. I personally would expect more from a 3* hotel.
hi
and thanks for your replies .dont like the sound of this hotel will start looking again i like a nice bit of comfort when i go on holiday and a good view.
thanks again :wave:
We are going to the Catalonia Consul in Cala Bona
in June and was wondering how close would the nearest supermarket be for getting a drink to take to your room, I know a lot of hotels don't allow this but usually we do it.
The BIP supermercado is 5 minutes from your hotel . Out of the front door turn right past the Cala Bona Hotel and the shops, turn right and the Bip is the last shop on the left. Enjoy your drinks.
There's the Bip that Jeffro mentioned but there's a reasonably priced small Spar shop that does fresh buns/croissants on a morning...go out the front doors and turn left up towards the Sunwing resort....it's on left hand side in amongst a couple of other shops. They stock a fair amount of English branded stuff as well.
Any reviews on this hotel would be great please.
Do they have their own website/email address.

Thanks
Lisa
Hi, I have stayed a few times. Its position cannot be faulted if you get a seaview the rooms are great (worth the extra) rear not so. Meals are average sometimes chaotic in the dining room. The hotel needs a bit TLC. Saying that some people return year after year. Great value for money,
email consul@hoteles-catalonia.es
Hope this has been some help to you, if you want any more info pm me. CBG
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.