Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cathay Pacific
14 Posts
I have flown once with Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to Heathrow, the airline is rated 5* with Skytrax. I found the seating somewhat cramped and uncomfortable, I was served two meals during the flight with free drinks(alcohol, juice, tea and coffee) nothing spectacular but there was a choice. The service was reasonably good. There is individual seat back entertainment.
Baggage allowance for checked cases is 20Kg per person in economy with a cabin bag 22"x14"x9" weighing up to 7kg.
You can find reviews of Cathay flights on http://www.airlinequality.com and Cathay's own site is http://www.cathaypacific.com
Judith

Thanks for your reply and the useful information, I actually think we have a better option now than flying with My Travel even though we had booked premium.

Regards

SKCI
Hi,

I wonder if someone will be able to help.

My sister is travelling on Cathay Pacific to the Philippines via Hong Kong. The stop in HK is for just over an hour and the flight number/aircraft type changes. Will she have to collect her luggage and check in again, or is it a case of get off 1 plane and get straight onto the other and the baggage handlers sort out the luggage?

Thanks in advance,
Rachel.
If she is flying all the way with Cathay they will transfer the luggage. All she will have to do is change planes the airline will take care of the cases.
Hi Judith,

Yes she is flying all the way with cathay.

Thanks for replying.

Rachel.
Does anyone know which type of Aircraft is used for the flights to Hong Kong and then Bali?
Mobor One,

When is it you are flying? There are lots of flight variations. LHR-HKG is a Boeing 747-400 or Airbus A340-300. HKG-DPS is a Boeing 777-300.

Darren
Looking at flying out on 4th September.
Looking at Cathay or Singapore. If either of them have two seats rather than three it will clinch the deal!
Mobor One,

CX254 LHR-HKG: Boeing 747-400
CX673 HKG-DPS: Boeing 777-200

CX252 LHR-HKG: Boeing 747-400
CX785 HKG-DPS: Boing 747-400

CX256 LHR-HKG Airbus A340-300
CX673 HKG-DPS: Boeing 777-200

Seat maps are on Cathay's website. All depends what time you want to fly. Personally, I'd go with Sinpapore on one of the A380's.

Darren
Hi flying with Cathay Pacific on Feb 25/2010 CX250 Heathrow/Hong Kong
Feb 27/2010 CX163 Hong Kong/Melbourne

April /06/2010 CX100 Sydney/Hong Kong
April/08/2010 CX255 Hong Kong/London Heathrow
What kind of planes will these be, also seating configuration please.
thanks annx
aarond,

Your Flights Will Be As Follows:
CX250 - Flight Equiptment Varies (Most Probably 747-400)
CX163 - Airbus A330-300 (Seating Configured 2-4-2)
CX100 - Airbus A330-300 (Seating Configured 2-4-2)
CX255 - Boeing 747-400 (Seating Configured 3-4-3 In Economy

Seating Plans Can Be Found On Seat Guru

Gower
Thanks Gower that,s good news
annx :)
Cathay Pacific Airways have just announced they are to resume passenger services at Manchester. Commencing 26th October 2011, they'll operate 5 flights per week from Hong Kong to Manchester, via Zurich. The return will also operate via Zurich. Flights will be operated using Boeing 777-300/ER from Terminal 2.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.