UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I am looking at going to center parcs this summer (would go out of season, but two of the party are teachers so not possible :) ) and im trying to decide between the comfort plus and the executive villas....has anyone stayed in either of these and say whether it is worth the extra getting the executive.

Many thanks :)
we got upgraded to an executive villa at xmas. It really made our holiday. I don't know how many bedrooms u need, but on the 2 bed ones you get an extra bathroom. The jacuzzi was amazing and we spent many hours in there with our bottle of bubbly! I think if u are going for a week the extra comfort is good but the standard villas are also fine for a weekend. They are all refurbished as they did it when the had the fire. have a great time
Thanks very much for your reply. We are having a two bed executive villa....the jacuzzi baths was just too tempting. Am booking today!
I have stayed in this type of accommodate before but they have built some new ones and was just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently - more to the point villa no. 85 is it in an ok position?
We have stayed in an Executive Villa at Elveden and a Comfort plus at Oasis. I have to say the comfort plus (3 bedroom) was FAR superior to the Executive villa we had at Elveden.

We had a two bedroom executive villa with the jacuzzi in the main bathroom, this was fine it all looked a bit tired and the jacuzzi took about 1 hour to fill. The rest of the villa was fine (but not what I would class as executive), we were right next to the country club which was nice.

The comfort plus at Oasis was brilliant, It was a log cabin with two storeys it was very comfortable and spacious for four adults and a toddler. In our room we had an LCD tv mounted on the wall which was a nice touch.

We are going to Sherwood forest on Feb 3rd and we are staying in an executive apartment and we are going back in september, that time we are staying in an executive villa with a sauna so that will be great, I will report back with our thoughts on that accomodation.

Kai
is there any evening enteertainment like at haven
They do have evening entertainment yes, they offen have live bands, bingo nights karaoke etc. Also the pool is open until about 10:30 in the evenings if you fancied a late night dip.
Bingo nights and Karaoke? Am I missing something?

I've never seen them and I think comparing the evening entertainment to that of Haven would be misleading.

If there are any special evening events going on the likelihood is that you would have to pay extra for them.
I've been 6 times and have also not seen anything like bingo or karaoke. Perhaps I missed it as well. Apart from eating out and a late swim I've always found the evenings very quiet. I think there was a pub at the Oasis one, but at Elveden and Longleat I don't remember even seeing a pub, unless its changed in the last year. :shock:
they definitely do not have bingo or karaoke nights at center parcs! ive been at least once a year for the last 15 years and have never seen any signs or evidence of either! It made me smile. They have evening entertainment with say live singers but that is as far as it goes. Nothing at all like Haven or Butlins or Pontins - its a world of its own Center Parcs, everything geared around the family but not in an intrusive way so its great to go as a couple too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.