Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
dont think that you would get anything back from them as it is their terms and conditions that they can change the times. however as these alternative flights are unacceptable to you, they should allow you to amend them to the edinburgh flights. they could charge you for this, if they do it will be about £15.

hope this helps
hi there thanks for your reply, i have been trying to speak to somone all morning at my travel, i have been on hold on the phone for over half an hour and still no joy, apparantly you need to speak to someone in a rescheduling dept, whilst on hold it says if your flight time is changed 9-12 hours of a difference then you can get your flight amended free of charge so hopefully i might get changed to edinburgh for free, but another prob i have is that we have paid for extra leg room and we are wondering if we will get that on the rescheduled flight or the edinburgh flight well time will tell if only i could get through to speak to someone :roll:
you'll still get the extra leg room seats on the amended flight as you have paid for them and they have to transfer your booking over exactly as it is.
however im not sure if you actually rebooked a completly new flight.
Where a trader's terms and conditions conflict with the rights which consumers enjoy in law, then consumer law will always take preference.

As I see it, you booked to travel on a flight which was due to return you to the UK on a particular day; the flight which the tour operator is now offering as an alternative means that you will not arrive back in the UK until the following day. Mytravel are therefore no longer in a position to provide you with flights to and from Lanzarote within the time frame of the contract they entered into with you.

In view of this, then you should be entitled to cancel the flights and obtain a full refund if that is what you would prefer to do, rather than transfer your booking.
Thanks mrsJ for your reply, i still cannot get through to this department that deals with rescheduling at mytravel , i have been trying at all times of the day and no such luck, see the flights we have been transferred to leaves about ten minutes under the 12 hour mark to get a full refund, but i was wondering to what you mentioned about us getting back into uk the following day, but if i could only get someone to talk to, i spoke to customer services and they say that they can't help me i need to speak to someone on the rescheduling dept if only!!! on hold it tells you like you can get a refund if the flight has been moved more than 12 hours and then 9-12 hours you get a free amendment and 9 hours and under you get nothing, then it goes on to say if your flight leaves after the 1st of june call back later :? so i just stayed on hold but it is costing me a fortune on hold all the time so we don't know what to do, we booked the flights online so i am not sure wether any travel agent could help us, failing that i might need to contact my travels head office because i feel we have been left high and dry.
The MyTravel head office number is 01706 742000.

However, IME, trying to resolve things with tour operators over the phone is more often than not a waste of time and effort. You really need to put your request to cancel (I'm assuming that is what you want to do) in writing to them. Keep a record of sending the letter, as for some strange reason complaints about holidays seem to be particularly prone to getting lost in the mail... :wink:

The 12 hour "rule", incidentally, is not really a rule at all; it's just a very general yardstick, and in your case, as the flight returns you the following day, it does not apply. The Office of Fair Trading's view is that a change of day on the return leg of a flight is classed as a major change regardless of the number of hours involved; the assumption being that, in many cases, people will have to be back in work that day.

I wouldn't be inclined to panic too much about getting it sorted quickly; you've got until September till you fly, and as it isn't peak season it's likely there will still be plenty of seats left nearer the time. If you continue to have trouble with this, send me a pm and I'll do my best to help you sort it out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.