America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
What is it you're asking for? You will just have a couple of hours layover.... by the time you get through Customs and Immigration you will have to go on to your next gate.
I just really want reassurance that it will go as smoothly as possible. I have only ever done direct flights to Europe before.... so I am very nervous about getting off one plane and onto another before arriving at my chosen destination.

I wondered if there were any specific "does and don'ts," with this procedure.

Sorry I was a bit vague :(
When you arrive at Denver you will proceed through Immigration control and Customs. Once you are done with Customs you take your luggage and drop it at the area indicated outside Customs ( there will be signs) for onward flights. Your luggage will have the correct tags to reach your final destination...
Then you just walk to your next gate for departure. If in doubt just ask. Your flight information should also be displayed on the monitors, you can check gate number if not sure...
Thank you Emdia43,

I know I'm a fusser but this is my first venture without a package deal - and the security that comes with a large travel travel company. I'm sure it will be OK though, as I've had loads of advice from all the friendly folk on here :)
No Problem- been there, done that. Everyone seemed to know where they're going except me!
I take it both of your flights are on the same airline?
Yes, all our 5 flights are with United Airlines and we also have a stop in Denver on the way back but apparently we don't disembark, it's just a touchdown The agent said their head office is in Denver and they often drop staff off - I hope so because that's only a 52 minute turnaround coming back. Fingers crossed. ;)
we always try & fly with united.they usually have an announcement on the plane,before landing,telling you which gate you need to go to.
they must have a list,of everyones onward flights & announce the detinations,along with the onward gate number.i find this useful,but as we all would,i also check the departure board,just in case.
it really is straight forward.
have a great holiday
tracy
Thank you Tracy - we are sooooooooo excited, even though it's not until August. I've even been buying some summer dresses - I don't care if it's snowing, summer will come. Lol.
Hi, Our flight to Vegas last year was via Denver, no problems whatsoever.
We always fly United and have used them alot over the past few years with no problems at all.
Have fun.
Mark.
We flew BA to Denver in October and then Frontier airlines to Vegas. Its a very easy Airport to find your way around. Every thing is well signed and very clear.

You will have no problems at all, so relax and enjoy yourselves :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.