Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
On http://www.helpnhelp.org you will find lots of information on the work being done by Goan's themselves to help the needy and sick. I have visited Valentina's Little Heaven in Colva , and heard that Jan Ugahi does a lot of good work in Margao.
I hope I haven't done wrong in mentioning these places , but I did want to point out that the locals were also concerned about the problems.
'
I also think Jan Ugahi is a good charity, I've been to see them once but 'the boss' wasn't in, just an empty office with a lady telling me he wasn't in :? - Will try and go again when I get chance... Emailed them a couple of weeks ago too but not heard anything back... But if they're anything like us they'll be very busy!!! :?

I have to say I've taken my fair share of animals from (and for that matter) to animal rescue... Unfortunately there's just too many dogs/cats in Goa...

Another one to know about is an up coming one that's going to be just down the road. He's also been trying to get his licence through, his project is going to be for perhaps 12 children? and to take only orphans and try and bring them up in a family type environment. He's names Ken and he's from Sweden.

There's also Child Rights Goa, they don't actually have children's homes, they just try and promote safe practices and work to help benefit the children. (based in Panjim).

Of course there's Children Walking Tall (link below) which is ours... By the way a little secret you might like to know... :D - We've had documentation through which says we have been gruanted our licence! - Yippee!!! - Want to verify everything to make sure they don't have any loop holes but in a couple of weeks perhaps I can give everyone a definate YES we're open!!!! :? I hope so anyway... This is the first time I've mentioned it properly - not sure if it's sunk in yet (got the paperwork today!).

Will keep everyone informed - probably by the next newsletter (which is 70% complete)

THanks to all the help from everyone....
Rob. Just said Yipee! Quietly!!
Congrats Rob and Shermina... :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.