Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cheers for the reminder Eddie, I have booked with Monarch, and using them for around 15 flights we have always been given a 'dorm house' voucher with the ticket, this year though, booking direct with Monarch it's an e-ticket, so hoping this works the same way.
I will contact Monarch and post reply, unless others who have used them had problems.
I have never understood the reason why you can't board a plane without proof of accommodation (or is it just Monarch)
spike wrote:
Cheers for the reminder Eddie, I have booked with Monarch, and using them for around 15 flights we have always been given a 'dorm house' voucher with the ticket, this year though, booking direct with Monarch it's an e-ticket, so hoping this works the same way.
I will contact Monarch and post reply, unless others who have used them had problems.
I have never understood the reason why you can't board a plane without proof of accommodation (or is it just Monarch)

India has a complete set of different regulations covering "package" flights.

For this reason you must appear, at least on paper, to be part of a package.

Its the same rules that prevent arriving on a scheduled flight and leaving on a charter.
Hi Spike, yea couldn't remember if it was just Monarch implementing this rule, its been quite a while since i used them, or if my e-tickets in recent years have shown one night acommodation.
Going to give Thompson a call see what their policy is and if need be will contact one of my previous lodgings and ask for a mickey mouse confirmation email.
Just to clarify.....spoke to Thomsons, no problem with them and as they stated you have to provide Ref/Acom when applying for your visa, so guess it just a throw back from good old Monarch and their efficiency..

Eddie
As pointed out a couple of posts back, I think you will find this is the reason............

http://dgca.nic.in/aic/aic12_08.pdf

and not for visa reasons - the visa requires address/referee, not booked accommodation. The above legislation does however.

When the 60 day out rule was introduced, a month later Thomsons were denying it, and last month, two weeks after it was dropped they were insisting it was still in place. They are not a reliable source of information.
We have flown Thomson the last couple of years, from Manchester. We have our own apartment so always book flight only and have never had any problems at check in.
Thanks Katie for jogging my memory, and Botany thanks for the link although it was more for the benifit of Tour Operators and providers. My query was aimed more at the airline and mainly at the check-in of charter flights.
I have been in and out of Goa, via many routes for nearly thirty years and the Monarch fiasco was the only hiccup.
Cheers
Eddie
Checked my invoice and it states 1 night accommodation provided, so shouldn't have any worries for me..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.