UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
hi
for what i understand at present cheltenham is the same as gloster and quite badly flooded.
the water supplies are off or due to be turned off soon...
bourton on the water and sotw on the wold areas are very bad..
i have not been in that area now since friday as my work place has had to cancel all deliverys to that area as 2 of our drivers were stuck up in cheltenham all night friday.
if i was you personaly i whould cancel the holiday. ( sorry)
Hi,

Can I just ask if you have any idea about the situation in Cirencester please? We are due to travel down there from Cumbria on Friday, but I have two young children and my mum is coming with us, she has a bad heart and I'm worried about either not being able to get there or being stuck in traffic for hours on end.

If anyone has any advice I would be sooooo greatful.
ok
i have been working today around cheltenham,stroud + m50/m5 area.
traffic back to normal hardley any road closures but if going for holiday in this area check with the place your staying as water supplies have been cut in all these areas along with gloster area..
people are queing for bottled water and cafes / supermarket cafes,even mcdonalds are closed for hygine reasons..i.e no water.

hope this helps.
Many thanks to all who have replied.We decided to cancel today.Although very disappointing,it just wasn't worth the stress with the children and not knowing where to go,etc.Still feel sorry for all those people suffering over there! :( Thanks again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.