Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

August is the hottest month and it wont just be hot, it will be scorching. Cairo melted my flip flops in Cairo and Luxor will be over 55 degrees at that time of year. It is way to hot to visit monuments especially young children. Can someone in your party look after the children whilst you go?

Honestly we did Luxor last year and the majority of clients didn't leave the coach.

I personally wouldn't recommend summer to visit these locations, you spend more time in the bit of shade you can find.

The terrain in Cairo is very rough and cobblery loose stones etc.

For youngsters it would be unbearable.

Michelle x
Hi :wave:

I would have to agree with Michelle, the temperature is very hot for an adult and it would be almost unbearable for a child.

At the Pyramids the terrain is not suitable for a buggy if you want to go off the surrounding roads to explore, however if you want to see the Pyramids you will still get a superb close view of them from the roadway.

THe Sphinx is down a roadway at the foot of the Pyramids and you will be able to get the buggy easier in to that area to see it.

There is not much in the way of shade to escape from the sun in the area of the Pyramids & Sphinx so you would have to ensure that both you and the children take plenty of fluids to drink.

Graham
If your tour includes the museum as it probably would, bear in mind that is old with no air conditioning. We went at the end of May on a day trip from Cyprus and found the heat at the pyramids and sphinx overwhelming. Everyone was back on the coach at the Sphinx long before the appointed time, just to get out of the heat! And that wasn't high summer.
I thought there was air conditioning in the museum now, maybe Im wrong... :whoops
It was a couple of years ago that we went, so it is always possible. However, I understood that they were building a new museum for the Tut exhibits, obviously with a/c, but I have no idea of when that will be open.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.