Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
CHOLORKA
8 Posts
Hi,

Do you have a car?

If so, try Coral Bay about 2 miles up the road from Chlorakas. Most of the restaurants there do cooked breakfasts. I can recommend Andria. Alternatively, head towards Paphos. On Tombs of the Kings Road 'Tea for Two' does a great breakfast - reasonable price too. Again about 2 miles from Chlorakas.

Not sure about Chlorakas itself. I'm sure somebody else will be able to help.

Mike
Thank you for getting back, what time do they start breakfast?do you know?
The Melina restaurant, great local food and surprisingly cheap..just off the Tombs road (coast road) very near Chlorakas..we were there last night!!

MELANIA RESTAURANT 26941038

Also the centre of Chlorakas has some local eating places, you will need transport though, Chlorakas is a large sprawling area, it will depend on where your digs are.

You will not find it hard to find eating places, there are hundreds of them along Tombs road. look to pay only £1.50 for a good breakfast, no mistake with that price.

Have a good stay, it has gone very warm..
Have to say the Melina was the only place we've had a bad meal in Cyprus. The soup was cup-a-soup (honestly) and the meat was pure gristle.

Maybe a one-off, but it was awful.

Richie
Richie, morning....''Malania'' same restaurant? (I know of the Malina)

I have never been to the Malania but if you go to my web site many members have just recently, and have posted just how good it is now, worth a try on there recommendation, Pickles who posted is very keen on good food, and one person I trust on recommendations, I never eat near town if possible, this recommendation was for eating there this week!!!! maybe new owners? if it is where you ate? worth a try just to see...

see link http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=673

the revue...

Alot of people drive past this place thinking it's closed, and I think that because there are few or no cars outside it can appear so. Lots of locals use it and walk there.

We tried it recently for the first time and can't rate it highly enough! There were 5 of us and we had delicious starters ranging from home made dips to vine leaves followed by the lightest fluffiest moussaka ever, succulent melt in the mouth stifado, king prawns and a pork kebab - and I can't forget the lovely crispy chips! There were about a dozen other people there so the atmosphere was slightly quiet but I can imagine when it's busier it'd be hopping. The owner Mattheus is very welcoming, and he has a fabulous moustache!!!

The total bill for 4 starters, 5 mains plus a beer, a juice, water and a huge jug of local wine was £43 - hard to beat me thinks!
Oh and the loos are probably the best I've seen in a restaurant over here - absolutely spotless!

It's on the TOTK Rd in Chlorakas heading towards CB, on the right just before Aliceland. I'm not exactly sure of their opening hrs so it may pay to check - number's in the restaurant directory on here.

Pickles
Hi Jim,

Yes, it could be a different taverna actually. The one we went to was the Melania, and it was a couple of years ago, so things may have changed. Maybe it was chef's night off, but it genuinely was cup-a-soup!!
We have eaten at the Melania and definitely had the best meal of our holiday and guess what it was also the cheapest.

A lot of the produce they use is grown right next to the Taverna itself and all of the ingredients were fresh.

It does the best looking and best tasting moussaka I have ever had.

It often looks closed but is in fact open.

We shall definitely be visiting it more often in the summer and the bonus is you can walk to it from our place.

Our bill came to CYP24

Thats for two childrens meals (plaice, rice and chips), salad, lamb chops, moussaka, bottle of local wine which was delicious and childrens drinks plus plateful of free fruit for dessert.

The only thing wrong with it was that it was lacking in atmosphere because not many people know about it. It does get busy at lunchtimes so I'm told by other people with locals and workmen.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.