Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Christmas in Goa
21 Posts
Weather GORGEOUS
Shacks open MOST DEFINATELY!

Nothing better than Lobster on the beach for your Christmas Lunch - you won't regret it, this will be our 7th Christmas in Goa!!
never tried lobster in my life before but folk that have tell me that crab tastes better, maybe try both then
For New Years Eve (Hogmanay) book a late meal in Bon Appetite which is down past Taj Holiday Village.
Then hang around until midnight - you will then see a spectacular fireworks display. :wink:

You will be in the right spot to see Jimmy (Kingfisher's) display, the Taj display, and the Fort Aguada Resort display, all from the one spot.
It's brilliant. :lol:
Dunk
How old are your kids ? We went for Christmas 2 years ago with our 2 who were 7 and 8 then. We're off again at the same time this year. Sweet chilli at the fort end of Candolim did a great family night on a Wednesday. It's a lovely outdoor restaurant with live music every night but Wednesday night had allsorts of kids entertainment including dancing, facepainting and a visit by Santa. No good if your kids are 15 but great if they're young ! Our 2 loved it. All the shacks open right over Christmas and there are some great firework displays. You'll love it.
Thanks for all the tips , my kids are lindsey she`s 14 going on 21 and greg`s 10
When I said no good if the kids are 15 I actually meant the santa bit not the place. Entertainment was good and it's a really nice place whatever age. The facepainting and other kids activities were sort of going on around the entertainment rather than being the main focus. There was a band on and some dancers who were pretty good. Nice safe place for the youngest to run around and make lots of friends. Menu was extensive too....and cheap.
8) HI Dunk

we are off to baga on the same day from manchester, can fill you in with what i know there if we are setting off 2gether let me know what time is your flight and dont forget your wristbands :lol:

Bye for now

Pip
x :P
were on the 3-30pm flight with monarch thats after we fly down from edinburgh at 8-30am, will sort out wristbands soon
i loved xmas and new year, definately the best time to go in my opinion!

hectic on the roads, firecrackers everywhere, busy bars and restaurants and a totally different feel to the place than at other times of the year.

still plenty of peace and quiet to be found whenever you want it
!

we went 2 years ago when my missus wasnt running a pub for the first time in years, unfortunately shes back in the pub game again so no christmas's off for the time being.

very jealous, enjoy yourself, you wont need to try!
Hi Dunk

We're going to the Highland this Christmas, arriving Christmas morning. We have also got 2 kids ages 13 and 10. We were at the Highland 5 years ago and it was fine then, ideal for kids.
:D Hi Dunk,

Lucky for you i go at 18 something lol so you will get more of goa than me. No doubt we will meet on the meet ups if you go. :lol:

Pip
x
:?

Hi
could anyone tell me what the weather is like at xmas will i need a wrap or cardy of a night time ?

many thanks

Pip
x :pele
Last time we were there for Christmas it was hot during the day and still warm at night, no need for a cardy.

Debs
Daytime temp is 26 - 29 deg.C
Evening temp approx 18 deg.C

It can feel cool in the evening, especially if you've been lying on the beach all day.
You'll find that the sudden drop in temp produces a heavy dew.
I ride a scooter and need a fleece in the evenings in December. 8)
Walks, I take a pasmina out with me in the Evening but then im a bit of a freeze a**e :lol:
:o

Thanks guys iam like elli soon go cold, so i will take something with me to slip on at night. :roll:

Pip
x
:glynis
New Year's Eve Candolim Beach.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000183.jpg
That looks great max, were the fireworks a govt thing or si it the hotels or shacks that let them off ?? :?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.