Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
New years is awesome here. It might be helpful if you give an idea of ages of the family, budget, h/b s/c or a/i. Where you have enjoyed before and an idea of what you would like from your holiday. Prefer sight seeing, loafing, etc would you like a busy resort or quiet resort etc etc

:que
Hi we like to be able to walk out to bars or for a meal. Our kids are 5, 11 and 13. Also like the beach though not sure anywheres warm enough in Dec. So we are not looking for a quiet secluded place.
We would like somewhere fairly lively for new year but in the family way not Aiya Napa :D
Being a family, I would suggest either Puerto Rico or Maspalomas, with Puerto Rico being more sheltered the temperature is usually a degree higher.
The weather here is fantastic for december and often people go to the beach on xmas day. My only gripe is that some restaurants and bars put their prices up for xmas eve and NY eve! Big NO
We have had about 15 years in G C at new year.
The weather ,mixed.
From very hot to a lot of rain.
Some cool evenings where you would need a light jacket.
It is expensive at New year / Xmas both the holiday and the bars and restaurants..
We have now stopped the new year/ Xmas weeks and go the week after saving a lot of money.
New year it's self depends which resort you are in.
From very loud and party party in P Rico to quieter with firework displays and gala dinners P Mogan.
There is something for every taste.
Self catering or Great Hotels.
If you are self catering and want a meal book it when you get there.
We stayed at the Cordial Playa Mogan last new year and the gala dinner was amazing.
Spain Celebrate their Xmas 5th Jan all Kings day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.