Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Welcome to the forum ! - no replys (suprised at that).
Is this your 1st time to Goa ? What would be your budget, and expectations of a hotel ? - this may get you some answers.
Spike.
Welcome. Which area where you thinking? North or South?
Where have you been keeping Elliebee. Haven't seen you around for a while! Would you suggest SC or HB for Goa?
This is the second time, but the first time with our two teenagers. The first time was in a large room at the top of a house on Calangute beach, which was absolutely great. Now, 20 years on we would like to go up market, 3* plus, same sort of area, south Goa, a hotel with a great pool, a restaurant and maybe a disco for the girls. I would like an old style colonial hotel, but I'm not sure we will find them in this area. I have looked at some prices and hope that 5000 euros would be enough.

Hope this helps.
Have you considered getting a villa? Much higher quality accomodation, some firms will provide you with a cook and driver too, you might find it more cost effective than getting 2/3 hotel rooms, especially if your thinking of going up market.

If you are taking teemage daughters you might want to consider the North rather than the South, there is a lot more nightlife further North but with that you lose some of the peace and quiet.
:cheers
We have decided to look for hotels in North Goa. I have sent loads of e-mails to hotels and villas and nothing is available. One of the hotels said all the rooms were taken up by package deals. Have we left it too late?
We have decided to look for hotels in North Goa. I have sent loads of e-mails to hotels and villas and nothing is available. One of the hotels said all the rooms were taken up by package deals. Have we left it too late?
Jacquie,

I was looking on Thomas Cooks website yesterday and it was still throwing up package holidays, so was teletext online and Jewel in the Crown might be worth giving those a try.

If not, a villa might definately be the way to go if you would be happy to go for that option.

Need any more help just message me. Claire :)
I tried this hotel, it looks very nice, but is inland. I think we have decided on the Prainha Hotel so hope it's okay. Thanks for all the replies.
I haven't stayed at the Presa, but I have been for a meal on several occasions - the food is superb.
They have entertainment a couple of nights per week, and they provide a free shuttle bus to and from the beach.
This place has a lovely atmosphere and with only 7 rooms, it feels very select.

Enjoy your stay wherever you decide to go. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.