General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Cairo - Egypt.

I took my other half there for his 30th birthday as a surprise for 5 nights.

Lots to see, great shopping in the bazaars. We took the train for a day trip to Alexandria so got to sea the sea as well. We went at the end of September (20 years ago) almost now.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Krakow (Poland) loads to see and do including Auschwitz :tup . I took hubby on his 40th birthday 2 years ago and we had a fantastic time :) We didn't go for the shopping, just the sightseeing so now too sure about the shopping part.
Berlin- there is a lot to see. City is huge, so you need to get to grips with the u-bahn and s-bahn.
(very easy)
Lots of really nice bars and restaurants to relax, and great shopping especially over in the western side.
kate
thanks all for the replys.

we will be looking for shopping, food and a bit of drinking..i have these places in mind so im going to choose one of these

Berlin,Prague,Brussels or paris?

we would love if anyone know any vintage markets to buy vintage jewellery in these places which is the best
I'm not sure what sort of budget you have , but my nephew came back from Paris last week and was absolutely amazed how expensive it was, even though he knew up front that it wouldn't be cheap. There are some lovely quaint bars and restaurants in Prague and it's good for shopping. I just put "vintage jewellery in Prague" into Google and lots of places came up. I can't help with Brussels or Berlin sorry.
thanks helen..anyone else comment on berlin or brussels?
I would choose Berlin over Brussels, loads to do and see in Berlin, good restaurants to suit all budgets. I'm not sure if there are any antique jewellry markets but there is such a variety of shops and markets I'm sure you would find something.

Have you thought of Munich it's fast becoming a popular City Break destination. . It's location is great, if you are there for five days you could even take a day trip to Salzburg or one of the Alpine resorts. It's an extremely lively city, great shops and places to eat and easy to get around either walking or using the underground. The famous Hofbräuhaus shouldn't be missed.
Never been to Berlin but have been to the others and yes, Paris is expensive but if you eat in the Latin Quarter it's cheaper.... We did 5 nights there many years ago by coach then I took my mum 16 years ago for her 60th birthday and we had a great time.

We've considered Bologna from Cyprus with Ryanair so assume you can get a flight with them from UK.

You can travel by train to Florence and Venice in under 2 hours - maybe that's an option? Bologna airport isn't too far out of the city either which is a pleasant surprise for Ryanair flights :)

We did 10 days in Austria about 10 years ago in early May and had an absolutely fabulous time. It's definitely on my list of places to revisit at some time in the future....

Enjoy!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
thanks all for the replys.really appreciate it..i have decided to go to berlin..now to fnd a good hotel thats central to everything.
I think you'll enjoy it! And if you are interested in the flea markets for jewellery etc, try to include the weekend on your trip. We went mon-fri and missed them as they were all at the weekend. Lots of other shopping places, though.
As for hotels, try to be near a station, as the city is so big you can't really see it all on foot.
We went for the holiday inn express berlin city centre as it was reasonably priced and seemed fairly central to what we wanted to see. Distances seemed longer when we were actually there, but close to anhalter bahnhof station so used it a lot.
Final tip- if you want to walk round the inside of the Reichstag dome, you have to book it several days in advance. I wasn't aware of that- think it must be a new regulation.
good website-
http://www.visitberlin.de/en/category/1138?page=1&tid=1138&parent=82

kate
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.