Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
was there sept this year from what i can remember it did'nt seem to bad from hotel to resort, but was only ther for the day. Try http://www.canaryforum.com for more info. or http://www.cordialcanarias.com that is cordial website.
We have some reviews here hopefully they will be helpful to you until somebody can answer your query.

Regards

Sarah
Hi chickenlegs
Only found your post. You will have absolutely no bother. There is a new flat paved walkway between the hotel & the port....5 mins walk and the port is also very flat. In fact it should be ideal. Hope you have agreat time. The hotel is great and Puerto Mogan is just lovely. :)
Thanks for the reply. :D Am I right in thinking that the walk from the hotel Playa Mogan is on the flat to the port and main centre of Puerto Mogan? It is just that I have heard reports of horrific taxi rides up the hill to the hotel reception?
We are a group of 8 adults staying there in February 2007 and would love further information on the food, pool and restaurants to eat in, in the town. We are easily pleased and all well travelled so take things as they come.
The Hotel Cordial is on the flat & the same level as the port, so there will be absolutely no problem. You might have heard of the steep windy road that leads from Puerto Rico to Puerto Mogan, which does at times cling to the cliff, but again the bus drivers know this like the back of their hand and the views are stunning.
Incidentally we went to Puerto Rico for a short trip by boat which you might enjoy. The boats run very regularly and the journey takes about 30 mins.
I was at the Cordial for 1 week in Feb 2006. weather was glorious, pools are lovely, one even has a man made beach effect. Again everything is if I remember rightly wheel chair friendly.........paths are all paved and wooden bridges over the pools, but I think they'll be fine. feb is a great time as not overly crowded and lots of free sunloungers.
Breakfast buffet is superb....everything you could possibly want right down to Champagne(cava) so you can have a Buck's Fizz if that's your fancy. Chefs cook eggs bacon etc, on the spot. The food in the hotel is very good with a huge buffet as well as freshaly prepared food cooked bfore your eyes,and we ate there every night as we were on a half board deal ( something I would usually avoid as I like to eat in local restaurants). But we just coudn't justify eating in th port as the selection was so good, but there are lots of nice restaurants, coffee shops and little nick/nack shops for browsing.
Port Mogan is a very 'tasteful' resort, not at all like other parts of the Canaries ( I say this at the risk of being shot down in flames). I personally don't like being harassed by shop keepers or restaurants owners and you won't be annoyed like this. In fact I wouldn't mind living there!! :wink:
Hope this helps!
Thanks toastedmallow, have sent your reply to my friends hope you don't mind. Best report I have had on the hotel. Looking forward to going now.
chicken legs 8)
Glad to be of help. I'm sure you'll love the place...actually feeling a bit envious! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.