General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I have a lighweight summer dress that I stick on every morning for brekkie.

Then I go back and change into my swimwear for the day with a loose shirt for poolside/beach or shorts and top if going out & about.
If I'm wearing a vest top one evening I will double up and wear it for breakfast the following day or the day after. After all I'm not in it long as I usually strip off at the pool. I will also put a few cotton vests in just for daywear and wear them maybe twice. After all they don't weigh much or take up too much room. Used to pack loads of shorts and wear different ones to brekie everyday :que Seems a bit daft now. For this year's fortnight away I'll probably be packing about 4 pairs of shorts, a sundress and about 3 or 4 short sarongs/pull on beach skirts and that will do me for breakfast and the rest of the day until shower and change for evening meal.
I just take a few things for day wear and they are all easily rinsed and dried. Even just wash them while you are in the shower. I don't wear different things all the time but I never wear anything I've worn in the day in the evenings - purely because they are generally older thing that have been relegated to 'scruff'.
If you're thinking about the weight, then perhaps take half the shorts and swap for sarongs, trim down your toiletries and shoes etc.
Thanks for the replies. Think I will wear some of the evening tops in the mornings. I am sure no one will even notice, it will just be me who knows. ;)
I'm another one who "dirties-out" the evening tops in the mornings, especially in the second week of the holiday (unless they're really dressy and I don't want to spoil them with suncream stains). I'll have a few cheap (Primark) vest tops to wear during the day in the first few days, and then wash them in the sink to wear again - if they get ruined with unshiftable stains it doesn't matter if they're only Primark price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.