Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hotel jupiter
57 Posts
Oh Yes

Be prepared for a busy hotel

It's very nice but very busy
hiya

Theres a group of us going to the jupiter in September and wondered if anyone had been before and could tell us about them?

thanx :)
Hi Rachey :wave

stayed at this hotel in may 2001. we also went as a group of 13 - all of differing ages.
had a great time with no complaints about the hotel or its facilities.
a small water park is over the road, a go-kart track just down the road, and a pleasant walk of approx 10 minutes to the bars and restaurants.
beach in alcudia is beautiful and the hotel runs a courtesy bus most days.
there are differing views to mine on the holiday truths hotel review site.
all i would say is keep an open mind and enjoy yourselves :sun :pele :sun

carol :wink:
Hi Rachey,
our view is as CarolB we went here a few years ago in the middle of september ,we had a great time with no problems we had 2 children with us and their was loads to do for both children and adults.We recommended this complex to friends who went early last year and also had a good time however as CarolB also says there have been alot of reviews from people on HT who were not as lucky as ourselves and have had problems at this complex.On our own personal experience i am sure you will have a fab time. :o
hi if you use the search facility above and put in Jupiter Saterno Martin
there is loads of info not all good

brian
If you want a change from the complex theres a good bar I can recommend,its called Barney Rubbles just across the road from the Saturno.
Hi Rachel,
I stayed at the Marte which is a sister hotel of the Jupiter.(the 3 are together on 1 complex)
We went in the Middle of june 2003.
When we arrived they had well and truly over booked, and we had no where to stay for 16 hours,there was 4 adults and 4 kids.They eventually found us a villa with a hire car, which was very nice, but about 20 mins away from the complex. We had to return to the complex everytime we wanted to go swimming or eat, and go out in the evening.
I must admit the place was packed out and totally manic, the reps were'nt very helpful at the time, but I think that was because they were so stressed out, as the 3 hotel's were at maximum occupancy.And a few thousand people had a lot of complaints.
The food wasn't to bad,I've had better at other all inc's, but then again you could put that down to the amount of people they had to cater for...Hideously long queue's etc. :) The hotel staff were really nice and friendly, but again very stressed because of the situation. The beaches are stunning,and the out side restaurants/bars etc are great.The bar barney rubbles just down the road on the corner is a really good fun place, with lovely staff, there was actually a girl from Harlow,Essex, working there ... same town we all came from!.
You have to remember a place this size, and very family orientated is going to pretty manic at most times,But they may have improved since I went, and not over booked etc since.
What ever you do and where ever you go, have a wonderful time!
Are you alllowed to swear??!!!!!

All I can say is good luck!! I went out of season and then it was mental but the time you are going will be high season, with all those people from the neighbouring hotels and everyone free to move between these, it was a total headache from start to finish. Are you going all inclusive like we did? we ended up going to the off sales for our own carry out because by the time we finally got servred at the bar, we sobered up from the last drink so same again same again, gave up and bought a litre jack daniels every second night between me and hubbie, least that way we were gonna get a little bit drunk, saying that, wish we got pie eyed every night coz the entertainment is still giving me nightmares, it was garbage!!
On a plus though, the food was out of this world, everything was spotless, great choice of fresh foods every meal time and waitresses worked non-stop, the deserve a medal coz the resturant was m assive.

Good luck :wink:
We went there 1n 1999, the food was good and the hotel was okay a little dated the rooms needed a refurbishment, the problem with this hotel is the parents get totally wasted and the kids are left to run round like maniacs dont get me wrong i have nothing against kids enjoying themselves but it was like the sound of a swimming gala although we were all inclusive we went out to the bar across the road for some piece, my neighbours went in 2003 a party of 10 with kids and the food was nothing like the standard we had ,a lot of people say it has gone downhill
Rosie
Hi
I'm thinking about going here for my summer hols as i've seen a great deal on-line ..... can anyone tell me if it will be a suitable place to entertain a 17 and 9 year old ....thanks in advance for any help :D

Scully27 :wave
I agree with mick 2112 wholeheartedly, tatoos and don't forget the gold bullions on those fingers now and as for gold chains, Mr T from thr A-Team doesn't get a look-in, and of course, a sea of constant England-wearing-tops, british bulldog dad look-a-likes.

I went last April on honeymoon would you believe, with my 2 kids ages 10 & 7 and my 8 year old loved the kids disco of an evening but that was about all she really bothered with, as for my son, it was a constant battle having to give him money every 2 minutes for those arcade games, apart from that nothing for him, though saying that, the reps put on a video every evening for the kids to give the parents a breakbut mainly for the younger kids, wish i could have went up instead, the entertainment was a joke. The loud mouth yobbos, talked through every act and couldn't hear a word, maybe they were doing us a favour, but I strongly advise to get your evening meal early and get a seat, otherwise you'll be lucky to get a seat.,
The staff were great putting up with the constant moaning from these folk, I couldnt do their job in a million years. I mean the meals where fantastic, i couldn't find a fault and plenty selection, but these 'Fatties', if it wasn't cooked in grease they turned their noses up, what do you expect when you go abroad all inclusive, pie beans and chips?? Stay at home then, The meals where spectacular fresh selecttion of different salads, loads different pasta, fresh joints of meat and you could even watch the chef prepare these.

All in all, the place itself is fine, its the people going thats the problem
We stayed in the Hotel Saturno over Easter. It was fine, the food was great with lots of choice and the bedroom was clean and a reasonable size with AC. The hotel was only about a third full so it was quite.
:? We are off to the Hotel Saturno complex in 4 weeks and I must say that I am a little worried after seeing some of the comments, we are going on recommendation of a few friends that have been and really enjoyed it - we have two children 12 & 8 - looking forward to it just a bit concerned. :roll:
me too! I'm :fly this weekend for a week, so I will let you know!
we wnt three yers ag and said never again and haven only had one worse holiday accomodation and that was on GrandCanaria both are lovely islansd but we had to spend most of our time out and about to aviod the places..

brian

ps if you want a decent cup of tes the bar across the road dose PG in a proper tea pot with cups or mugs...
hi there we've been to hotel jupiter in 2002 and hotel marte (another hotel on the complex) in 2003. both times we had a brill holiday. we took 3 children ages 6, 3 and 10 months and there was lots to do for all of us.
This has got so many different reviews - some great and some really bad - well im looking forward to my holiday there even if it is like a butlins in the sun - :bow - if you have children then thats what they want - i cant understand why people are moaning about it being so busy - you can tell from the hotel details it going to be packed - we are off in 3 weeks so if anyone one has any nice reviews in the mean time please let me know. :thanks
Hi we are off on Saturday and was wondering what the all inclusive drinks are like - is the beer watered down :glynis can you get bottled water etc :?: & do you really make it to breakfast before 10.00am :?: :?:
yes all the drink is watered down casue its cheap stuff!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.