Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I can't answer your questions but I shall watch this post with interest as we are going here on 22nd July for two weeks! (6 weeks today woohoo )

When do you go??
We're going there on 22/08/07 for 2 weeks also.

It's a pity the hotel doesn't have its own website to gain more info. Most reviews seem to be positive.
In reply to some of this.

From the airport, head for Via Cintura and the motorway signed Inca/Port d'Alcudia.

Then. Access to Ca'n Picafort is good. It lies on the main Carretera Alcúdia-Artàthat runs close to the north-eastern coastline - carretera meaning highway.
Most of the resort is situated on the beach side of this road, but some is on the other side (including the Tonga). The motorway extension from Palma as far as the Sa Pobla-Pollensa roundabout and the widened road from there to Alcúdia has cut travel time markedly. This forms the best route to and from Palma.

Coming towards Alcúdia there are two roundabouts, the first has a garden centre off to the left. You continue to the next roundabout, go straight on and then bear right onto a by-pass which is signed Ca'n Picafort and Artà. At the end of this by-pass is another roundabout. Take the left exit and you come to some traffic lights on the Carretera Alcúdia-Artàwhere Puerto Alcúdia meets Playa de Muro. Opposite you will see a restaurant called "Las Delicias". Turn right here and take the carretera for some 6 kilometres. This will lead you into Ca'n Picafort. The distance from Palma to Can Picafort seems to vary according to what you read. The town hall says 54 kilometres; it's more like 60, but that's not a huge variance. With the new road and a clear run, the time to the airport is now about 45 minutes.

The beach is about 10 minutes walk. Just cross the main road and keep going.

The road that runs parallel to the beach (Paseo Colon) is where most of the shops are. There is a large supermarket (Mercadona) quite close to the Tonga. For children, there are few specific things to do, but one possibility is the Rancho Grande at nearby Son Serra (horse-riding, mini zoo etc).

Hope all this helps.
they seem to be pretty good! ...I shall make sure I let you know how things are when we get back!
Thank you both!

Also, by any chance are there toll roads on the way to C'an Picfort? It would be good to know about the toll roads, how much roughly they cost.

Does anyone have any information regarding the entertainment in the hotel, any special nights, recommendations for local restaurants and local dishes to try?
There are no toll roads en route. The only toll I know of in Mallorca is for the tunnel to Soller, which is not on the way.

Can Picafort doesn't, in all truth, have real stand-out restaurants. There are plenty of them, but little of note. But Los Faroles on the main carretera is nice. Out of Can Picafort near to Santa Margalida (about 6 kilometres) there is a place called Es Turo. It is a seriously impressive place, but its prices are very reasonable for grills and some local cuisine. Way better than most of what you will find in Can Picafort itself. The other night I had the local tumbet (like a ratatouille) and a chicken dish for about ten euros.
oh dear there is a new review its not very complimentary!

saying that what one person hates another loves and a holiday is what you make it! We know it will be busy & full of kids because its the school holidays but then if we didn't have our daughter going we would be choosing a different hotel more suited!
I must admit, I was rather shocked when I saw the hotel review. It doesn't put me off, I hope it doesn't put you off.

Just use the review really as things to look out for, advice and one of many differing valid opinions, it may not be that way when we go, it's still early days. I always go expecting a clean environment, some food and hmmn.. a comfortable bed. If those things are there, then I'm happy.

Plus side is that with other children ours should feel in their element. Although there's no way she'd be sitting down for 2.5 hours while I get drunk.. one can dream :roll: :cry: :lol:
no it won't put me off cos I always take an overview of reviews before I book and the majority of other reviews have been positive!

If I didn't have a daughter and we were travelling as just 2 adults I wouldn't be going to a hotel thats advertised as ideal for families either!

Plus its booked and paid for ...well will be paid for by the 22nd ...the joys on independant booking not having to pay 10 weeks in advance is great!
Its finally paid woohoooooooooooo one month tomorrow we will be there! :lol:
review added as promised.
Thank you very much for your review.

Sarah
Hi all first post.
Were off to club tonga on Thursday but will arrive there late (between 1 and 2 am), anyway can anyone tell me if I can park easily at that time and if there are any do's and don'ts.
I will be hiring car with doyouspain and picking up at Europa desk at airport, are queues likely to bve big at this time of morning (midnight).
Many thanks
Hi pogoparadise':wave

We're staying at Tonga now and I can tell you that there is free parking on the forecourt of the hotel. At the time you are arriving at the hotel there will be no spaces available in the forecourt, but you may be able to get a space on the side road leading up to the hotel. There is no paid parking around the immediate area of the hotel so you will be fine.

See you tomorrow.. even though you won't know who I am :lol:
Hello Everyone

Ok so next year really carnt afford to have a big expensive holiday due to moving, but also cannot work all year with nothing to look forwards to in summer months, so i have been on line and found a cheap AI deal to Club Tanga Hotel in C'an Picafort with Sun4u.com.

Any info on the hotel, what there is to do, and if anyone has ever booked with this company would be very much appreciated. :D
Club tonga reviews here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/can-picafort/club-tonga-hotel/

They looked a bit mixed, people love it or hate it. What time of year are you looking to go. Thomon always have some really good bargains in june and going into july on teletext pages 203 and 276. Big reductions often half the brochure price and sometimes more, you never know you might be able to afford something more up market. Eygpt, greece, spain, majorca, cariibbean. Last june they had 3* s/c to turkey for £65
Hi

It has to be in school hols but i will have a look at the teletext pages. I really chose Spain for the travel time & also wanted AI so i dont have to worry about saving too much spending money, just wanted a week away in the sun without it costing too much. i love Turkey but its such a long day with a 4 hour flight and with us only wanting a week away thought Spain fitted the bill.

Price quoted through teletext holidays was £309 per person, i do have to ring them to get full details so knowing travel companies that price may rise!
hi im goin away in may09 with my hubby for our 1st holiday abroad and we wanted to know if anyone has stayed and been here and what is was like and was you satisfied?
We have also booked this hotel for next may, there are six of us all adults going so, we too are keeping an eye on the reviews.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.