Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I have added this hotel to our Reviews site. The hotel's own website is HERE and their email address is clubhotel.buenavista@riu.com

luci :wave
Looking at the hotel pictures on the Riu site, isn't that the Dunas Paraiso ?
Not sure will do a bit more searching when I have time.
Did some further digging and it's true, RIU have bought the Dunas Paraiso and from 1st November 2008 it will be renamed the Clubhotel RIU Buena Vista.

The Dunas is a nice hotel, with smart public areas, good sized pools and terraces, large rooms plus some excellent villas at the sea front.
Hopefully RIU will address the areas where it's somewhat lacking, namely the food & (particularly) drink quality and lack of service in the restaurants.
We have just booked for a week here in mid july. (2 couples in 40's). Was wondering if anyone knew if the mini fridge in the room was filled with any kind of drinks as part of the all inclusive. We are booked into a suite. Also-is it right that you get pool/beach towels supplied? :cheers
Hi shayoung,

The mini-fridge must be a RIU addition since we went last year, as we didn't have one. As far as pool towels go, we paid a deposit on arrival to allow us to get 4 towels that we could change as many times and any time we wanted. Deposit was refunded on departure.

We stayed in one of the villas on the sea-front, and this was one of the best aspects as there is a relatively good sea-view. Also had a large patio area to front with sun-loungers on and a table with 3 chairs, all in good condition.

Hotel is set on an incline, as this area of Tenerife is predominantly a hill-side, but we didn't find it too much of an issue - helps burn off the extra calories I suppose!!

If you want any more information, just ask.

Mark and Pam
There was always a mini-Fridge in the rooms when we have been, this is pre-RIU taking over. We are due back there is a weeks time when I'll post an updated review.
we had a nice 2 week stay there last year,loads off spanish were there the first 7/10 days and the food was very good during this period and then tailed off..the above mentioned we're ignorant,unpleasant people...please be prepared to get up at the crack off dawn to get a sunbed,these were circled by a chain which was padlocked over night and then unlocked by a security guard who then proceeded to blow his whistle...MAYHEM then ensued lol.its is pretty far from PDLA e20 one way taxi ride at night,and entertainment is average,the rooms were brilliant though and it was a very relaxing hol..wouldn't go back buts thats just because it so far out....
Hi everyone, just got back from Riu Buena Vista on Saturday, we went last minute and got a very good price. The hotel is great. You have a mini fridge in the room, but it is not stocked with anything. We had a family room and it was great, sun loungers on the balcony. Never had a problem with sun beds as there were plenty of them. Food was great and the drink was great as well. Any questions just ask.

Moira
Hi All
does anyboby know if the beach near the hotel is sand or rocks ?
thanks
Have just had family over and to make things a little different for the kids, I booked 5 of us into the Riu Buena Vista, formerly the Dunas Paraiso.

All above comments are correct apart from we were not required to pay a deposit for the towels.

Having stayed in RIU hotels before, I must say that this hotel is not upto the normal standard food and drink wise. Whether or not this is to do with the current economic crisis, I do not know.

Rooms, very basic but clean and well equipped, iee hairdryer, ample storage etc etc.

Entertainment....... DIABOLICAL!!! If anyone has seen Little Britian, we named one of the guys ´Wicky Woo´!! On a daytime the Animacion team are absolutely fantastic, they really are. Speaking a multitude of languages and a massive varied entertainment programme. Night times, no professional shows, just these guys prancing around miming to songs. Which all finishes at 2230, the bar is open till midnight, yet not even a disco!!!

Food was good, but as I said before, usually in RIU AI resorts, we are treated with fresh prawns, salmon, steak etc, but not here, although I am not complaining about the food as it was all very nice, though slightly monotonous. And there was no snack bar. For example, if you fancy a snack at lunchtime, its back up to the restaurant.

Drinks, previously in RIU resorts I have stayed, if you request top shelf spirits, you get them, however they were not available here. Good range of drinks and cocktails for adults and children.

Staff. you really could not wish for better staff. Whether you walk past the maintenance man or the maitre´d, they are all immaculately turned out and impeccably polite.

Personally, it is unlikely we will return as we have found that the Jardin del Teide is of a much higher standard and is in a more central location of Del Duque.

There are no beaches in Paraiso, only rock pools, however a free bus is provided to take guests into PDLA if they so reuiqre
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.