UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
There was a thread around in the summer which highly rated Shearings after a trip to Austria but I can't recall whether it involved an electric scooter or an ordinary wheelchair. Obviously each hotel will be different but it did show that the company was willing, which is a start. Shearings do all the baggage handling from the pick up point to the hotel room (for everyone) so that's one big problem sorted. Shearings took over Wallace Arnold a few years back so have a good network from Yorkshire.
The topic which Steve refers to can be found in our Disabled Person Holiday Discussion forum, please click here.

David :wave
There are weight limits re scooters with Shearings and it also depends if any wheelchairs are on the coach.

Ring them, they have a dedicated section re disabilities and are extremely helpful.

We have done self-drive with them and are going self-drive with them again this month, taking my scooter.

Excellent value for money.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.