Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

Not sure how much help it will be for you, but there is a lady who moderates on a Paphos based forum (Paphos People) who has coeliac issues and has very recently created a blog site for Cyprus Coeliac's

You may want to have a look at her blog: http://coecyp.blogspot.com/ and hopefully, there may be some info there for your party member.

Sorry, I don't really know anything about the condition so I can't give any further info or advice - plus I am based in Limassol.

Good luck & Happy Holidays :cheers

CwB!
thankyou so much for your reply i will take a look and see,
if not it looks like two weeks of rabbit leaves
garry
Hi Garry - I have Coeliac Disease and visited Protaras in the late 1990's. There used to be a restaurant called Hippo Campus and I ate confidently there as the couple who owned it were English and understood about cross contamination. I hope they are still there!

We went self catering and I took my own gluten free bread and a small toaster! On the nights that we did eat out I didn't really have any problems and just played it safe with plain grilled meat or fish.

The link that cyprus 100 gave is very good but if your friend is a member of Coeliac UK they will be able to give more info if he/she contacts them.

Have a great holiday!
thanks for that carly been to protaras a couple of times cant recall that resturant but will post a new thread
garry
I just Googled Hippo Campus and got a result (but I was spelling it incorrectly ... it should be all one word - HIPPOCAMPUS)

18, Protaras Avenue 23831166

I hope that the same people still run it .... good luck :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.