Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Typical, just before i go on Sunday! :que

Julian
It really is ffffreeeezing here!! Honestly, it is! Lovely and sunny during the day but as soon as night falls the temps are dropping and it gets uncomfortably COLD. No fans required at bedtime - in fact I've actually been sleeping in one of Mr GFF's old baggy T-shirts. My neighbour has taken to wearing socks, pashmina shawl sales have gone up....never in all my years of visiting goa has it been this cold.
GFF xx
Maybe most tourists wouldn`t notice it, I remember laughing at the locals until I had been there for a month and became climatised but those temps are a bit on the low side for Goa .
Early morning and late evening - its coooold! I mean really, truly cold, especially when you've been used to warm nights! :really And its not just the low temps, its the strong cold winds blowing that cut to the bone. I made the mistake of taking only beach wear, and have bought one or two cardigans just to avoid a cold.
Is it just a passing blip, or is it forcast to improve. I am going on Saturday and want to know whether to take my longjohns. :yikes

Julian
Hi Julian01, not a passing blip, but some freakish cold weather, with the lowest temperatures in years. Have been scouring the papers to answer your question (the cold wave has made news!), but the weather guys are not sure when it will end - typical. All the locals are quite fed up, but not sure if its weather for longjohns for you, but i find it cold. The minimum temperatures last week have ranged between 10 and 15 degrees, and maximum - around noon is between 20 and 25 degrees.
Oh no 10 - 15 degrees at night!!! :D behave i'd take this over british weather anyday. (they can keep their typhoon though).
;) yup, agree with you, but its the winds that get me moaning!
And yet the BBC weather web site is showing days of 32 and nights of 22 deg. C

I was hoping for better than 25 during the day. :cry

Julian
No doubt us DREGS are responsible, how dare we bring cold weather with us to Goa :really
Oh no! I'm flying out on Friday! So I take it the BBC weather people have it as wrong as they usually get it here then lol!!
Is it still warm enough to sunbathe in the daytime? Would just trousers and a sweat shirt be enough at night or would we need jackets too? I've already packed but looks like im gonna have to repack some thicker clothes reading this :(
and have bought one or two cardigans just to avoid a cold.

you dont catch a cold from being cold - you get one by being infected with the cold virus......
:cry Hope it picks up by the the time I go in March!!

Is it still sunbathing weather? :sun2
It should be cracking the flags by then Lozza :sun2
Like ti's been said, it's only cold when the sun goes down... Still scorching during the day... It's quite pleasent during the night, I sleep with one cover on and it's just cold enough to need to cuddle up.... two blankets at night then no problem... It's quite cold going on the bike in the mornings/evenings though... quite a chill. Put some jeans on though - should be fine...

Enjoy!
Jeans???????????????? I've just spent loads of money on shorts and vetsts!! :rofl

I just told my boyfriend and he doesn't believe me!!!!
I always wear jeans at night even in March/April, keeps the mossies off
What strange weather!
I cant stand the cold. But I am sure it will be warmer in March. Last March and April were scorching!
Anything below 80 degrees at night and I will be freezing :cry I am the coldest person in the world.
We NEVER use the AC on holiday and I hate the fan on high as well :que
hot coffee and honeybee, that should keep us warm!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.