Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
katiesmum,

As far as I'm aware, there are no codeshare flights and Flybe / American aren't partner airlines so I think you're effectively booked on to separate flights, ie you'll need to collect luggage and check-in for your Flybe flight once you've landed in DUS. How long have you between flights? You'll need a couple of hours at least I would have thought. I would assume you need to check in in DUS for your second flight but ask at the check-in counter in ORD just in case they can through-check you.

Hope that helps,

Darren
HI Darren,

Thank you so much for replying.

Feel that I have been fobbed off with Expedia and everyone else I have spoken to. Price might have been good but am feeling we have made a massive mistake.

I have spoken to Expedia and American Airlines and they have both told me that our luggage will go straight through, is this now not the case? It is all on one ticket! I am so cross with myself for just assuming it would be straight forward.

Cannot speak to anyone at Expedia who is in the UK which makes it worse! surely they should have to tell you when you make the booking? Can`t find a UK contact number.
I think American and Flybe have an interline agreement . If so, and it's all on one ticket, your luggage should be checked through.
I'd ask on the air travel forum on trip advisor. You'll get plenty of advice.
Thank you, I am getting quite stressed and worried about this.

We found the holiday to Chicago on Friday night with Expedia and wondered why it seemed too good to be true. Didn`t think of the air travel forum on TA.

Will do, and let you know.
katiesmum,

It's not much of a problem if you're through checked or not s long as you have the time, it's just the hassle of having to check in at DUS. Fingers crossed you will be.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I`m still trying to find out. Have messaged Flybe so will see if I manage to get a reply. Will ask on TA just incase anyone else has experienced the same thing. Suppose its my own fault for leaving it so late and then thinking the flights were a `bargain`!!!
Hi, just wanted to let you know that our flight home wasn`t the best experience we have ever had!

We checked in for the AA flight at the hotel but could not get on to the Flybe site. At the airport American airlines said they did not have an agreement with Flybe so could not issue boarding passes. They did tag baggage Chicago - Manchester.

AA flight was fine. Arrived at Dusseldorf about 7am and our flight was due 10.20am. On the departures board it was showing the terminal but no gate. We asked numerous times and were told there would not be a gate until the flight arrived....at 9.45am we found out it had been cancelled. We had to go and re-book. As all the other passengers checking in for Flybe at arrivals found out about the cancelled flight we could not get on anything going to Manchester and ended up flying at 5pm into Birmingham and Flybe had to then taxi us to Manchester. We got home 10 hours late.

The major problem we have now is that we have no baggage. We tried to trace it at Dusseldorf but no one could find it, so we had to file a delayed baggage claim at Birmingham. Next morning I managed to reach the American Airlines desk at Dusseldorf who said the baggae was nothing to do with them it was a Flybe problem...I must have touched a nerve as an hour later Robert from American Airlines rang me to say he was looking at our 3 bags. I have been in touch with the Delayed Baggage people at Birmingham who have sent 2 messages through to Dusseldorf and they have not replied and our bags are still there!! don`t know how long its going to take anyone to sort this....

Serves me right for not booking flights at least with the same airline! have learnt my lesson.

I have found out that the plane from Manchester to Dusseldorf (the one we should have returned on) was cancelled at Manchester this was the BE7213 on the 29th Aug our flight was BE7214. Would you happen to know if I can find out anywhere when these flights were actually cancelled as I think we can make a claim for compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 for our cancelled flight and the letter I have downloaded asks for how many hours it was cancelled before flying.

Many thanks.

I
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.