Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hiya hydro
There's a little bit info. about the Continente Centro Commercial at the bottom of the page here,under Hypermarket Shopping.
http://www.voyana.com/Tenerife/Shopping.asp/HD/8
and although I've never been,have also been reading you should look out for the "Carrefour" sign. Apparently, Carrefour is a supermarket that sells absolutely everything from food to T.V.s. :)
HTH a bit.
Thanks for the info FionaI. Now that I think about it we did see a Carrefour sign but thought that was something like Mercadona.
We,re off to Tenerife next Friday :D so we might give it another go.
The 'Carrefour' sign is clearly visible from the TF1 as you approach the Santa Maria del Mar/TF2 junction. It's on top of the complex on the right-hand side of the motorway.
Continente and Carrefour is the same thing. It used to be Contiente and then the name changed (take over/change of ownership/?).

It is Carrefour now, but old habits die hard and a lot of people still call it Continente.

Its a large shopping centre with plenty of free parking. Loads of shops and dominated by a Carrefour supermarket on two levels - food downstairs, everything else upstairs.

PS remember to get a trolley from the car park before you go in to take round with you - there aren't any inside the building
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.