Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Mark

This is not the kind of service that you expect from travel agents but unfortunately it is not uncommon, have you asked them for their head office address and put a complaint in writing.
I am sure the head office would be interested in knowing how that particular shop is performing.

I have had the same hassle with Thomas Cook, have been left hanging on the phone listening to their irritating tune for an hour then the phone just cuts off at that point :evil:
Even when I get through they promise the earth and deliver nothing, still not got my bank charges back from my holiday in January after their male chicken up.
Been on the phone to them recently again as I have received final balance invoice for the last holiday I will ever take with them in Sept, they can't understand that I have obviously paid a deposit when I booked the holiday last October.
Despite sending them proof of deposit paid they still can't manage to deduct it of the final balance due :banghead:

Ironically the travel agent I use now is very good, they go that extra bit to find a good deal and always call and email me back when they say they will, this travel agent is Coop Travelcare in Bearsden near Glasgow :tup
Graham
Which just goes to show how within the same company, service can vary so much between branches and it really does depend on the individual staff. And of course, with the Co-op you can apply to become a member and attend the AGM which would be an even more forceful way of putting your complaint!

SM
It is all rather frustrating as I booked this holiday through Lloyds TSB platinum travel service who at the end of last year (after I made the booking) dumped co-operative travel as their holiday provider.

There used to be a dedicated line which was answered very quickly and queries were previously dealt with promptly.

Now co-operative travel has lost the custom of Lloyds TSB they don't appear to be interested in the custom they have gained prior to being dumped.

I have written to my bank to complain about the service from their ex-supplier. As far as I'm concerned I dealt through Lloyds TSB.

Mark :)
Absolutely if it was Lloyd you bought the holiday through then I think the best option is to speak to them.
Contrary to this the TA I use if fantastic. Today I noted a special price for an over 55's I had booked this cruise last year. It is Celebrity and I am going to NZ/Oz. Upgrading from a grade 9 inside to a 2A balcony cost £201
Sent an email to my TA (not in office email received) Further email sent to another Agent. Called me with Celebrity on the phone to give me a price. Trying to let me retain the £100 early booking and also the lower fuel supplement.
A further call 5 minutes later to confirm with a room number. Checked out the numbers myself on Celebrity web site called Karen. An email a few minutes confirming everything and check on the web site and there it is all confirmed.
I will receive another invoice in due course and the final payment. This is why I stay with the one agent. She can get me as good a price as anywhere else. I look and then get her to work on a deal for me. I can get a hold of her any time she is in the office and if not then another agent will deal with it. Today I wanted that deal sorted out as prices can change very quickly.

I can email and she is at her desk so email or call by return and if she is not there another email to Karen settled the whole transaction in about 40 minutes from start to finish. Some of that was searching for the best room for me.

Worth her weight in GOLD.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.